Original Rocksmith DLC Removed

cuerv00

Question

Hello Everyone!

I own a few DLC's from the OG rocksmith (purchased through Steam) which used to download and play just fine into RS2014. This week I noticed that they are no longer being downloaded/showing up into the game and/or Steam DLC tab. Most notably, I am missing Blink 182 Song Pack 1. 

anyone ran into similar issue or has a fix?

Thanks!

8 answers to this question

2 hours ago, cuerv00 said:

Hello Everyone!

I own a few DLC's from the OG rocksmith (purchased through Steam) which used to download and play just fine into RS2014. This week I noticed that they are no longer being downloaded/showing up into the game and/or Steam DLC tab. Most notably, I am missing Blink 182 Song Pack 1. 

anyone ran into similar issue or has a fix?

Thanks!

If DLC from RS1 isn't showing up anymore, try deleting

rs1compatibilitydlc_p.psarc

and then verify game files through Steam.

You will have to look in the DLC for Rocksmith and not 2014 for that particular pack.

image.png

I'll own you one day. 💜

Custom Shop Solo II.png

7 hours ago, Phantatsy said:

If DLC from RS1 isn't showing up anymore, try deleting

rs1compatibilitydlc_p.psarc

and then verify game files through Steam.

You will have to look in the DLC for Rocksmith and not 2014 for that particular pack.

image.png

Sadly, didn't work.

The odd thing is - I never owned the OG Rocksmith, but Steam always allowed me to purchase the OG songs and play them directly through RS2014. Now, if I look at the DLC's from RS2014, the OG content is not there anymore 😕 I guess I will try to reach steam and see if they can do something. seems to be more of a F'up on their end, in this case. 

On 3/26/2024 at 3:23 PM, Sniper Reload3d said:

You do not need to own the Rs1 to play the dlc in Rocksmith 2014. I just checked my Blink 182 songs from that pack, and they play. I do not think it is an issue with that, and a local issue on your end.

Thanks for the reply! I have been trying to fight this with Steam support and they tell me it is an Ubisoft problem (obviously). Would you be able to share a screenshot from your Steam Client, on the DLC tab, showing that your original Rocksmith content is showing there (it has to show that you are looking at the rocksmith 2014 DLC tab - I am adding a screenshot from my side to compare)? I want to send Steam support some comparison Screenshots (working - your case) x non-working. thanks in advance!

ss.jpg

8 hours ago, cuerv00 said:

Also - if you could share the size of your files  "rs1compatibilitydlc_p.psarc" and "rs1compatibilitydisc_p.psarc" so that I can compare with mine

222,016kb. Size of either file does not matter, you are comparing 2 different things. Size will be relative to what dlc I have installed, you would need the same exact dlc installed, no more, no less, same songs for the file size to match, as far as I am aware of.

The problem with the screen shots is also moot, as what I still said still stands, you do not need Rs1 in order for the Rs1 songs to work in Rs2014. I am more than glad to share the screen shots with you, however it is moot.

However is actually multiple things as Rs1 dlc only shows in Rs1 dlc list, not Rs2014 list. Since I do have Rs1 purchased, [Rs1 charts] show in that DLC list, not the 2014 list. Would not matter if Rs was not purchased. Using the Rs1 dlc list, like the 2014 list you can check and uncheck dlc to force them to un/ reinstall.

You can view what DLC you have, in Support, there will be a list of DLC you have purchased under Rocksmith 2014, and under purchases. A better method is In the upper right hand corner, click your profile name and select "Account Details" from the drop down list. Click on "View purchase history" to list your receipts and purchase history. It used to be under Settings, account details, view account details.

blink 182.jpg

blink182 b.jpg

filesize.jpg

22 hours ago, Sniper Reload3d said:

222,016kb. Size of either file does not matter, you are comparing 2 different things. Size will be relative to what dlc I have installed, you would need the same exact dlc installed, no more, no less, same songs for the file size to match, as far as I am aware of.

The problem with the screen shots is also moot, as what I still said still stands, you do not need Rs1 in order for the Rs1 songs to work in Rs2014. I am more than glad to share the screen shots with you, however it is moot.

However is actually multiple things as Rs1 dlc only shows in Rs1 dlc list, not Rs2014 list. Since I do have Rs1 purchased, [Rs1 charts] show in that DLC list, not the 2014 list. Would not matter if Rs was not purchased. Using the Rs1 dlc list, like the 2014 list you can check and uncheck dlc to force them to un/ reinstall.

You can view what DLC you have, in Support, there will be a list of DLC you have purchased under Rocksmith 2014, and under purchases. A better method is In the upper right hand corner, click your profile name and select "Account Details" from the drop down list. Click on "View purchase history" to list your receipts and purchase history. It used to be under Settings, account details, view account details.

blink 182.jpg

blink182 b.jpg

filesize.jpg

Hey - Thanks for the response and the screenshots. Indeed, as you already mentioned, they are not going to be useful (I dont know why I had it in my head that they could be - I thought perhaps in your case the DLC's would be listed within RS 2014 and not OG RS? idk.)

To make matters even worse (or best?) I tried installing it on my Steam deck, and the RS1 DLC's show up there.  At this point I already went to the point of Completely removing RS2014, moving it to a new directory, all from scratch, and still same behavior. 😕 Steam support recommended me to reach out to Ubisoft but I doubt they will be helping me with a game they don't even sell anymore.

Guess one day it will magically work? In the meantime I guess I will play the other 1000's of songs instead of focusing on the handful of missing songs ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks for the help and feel free to send any other suggestions if you can think about anything!

2 hours ago, cuerv00 said:

feel free to send any other suggestions if you can think about anything!

You are not the first to have Rs1 dlc to go missing. Usually doing as Phantatsy said, removing the rs1compatibilitydlc_p.psarc and forcing Rocksmith to reinstall it works most of the time. If had Rs1 purchased you could use the DLC tab in the Steam Library to attempt to do the same thing, as well as Phantatsy said to use verify files.

I personally do not use discord, but you are more than welcome to head to the discord server and seek help there, from what others say, there are more people active in the discord server.