Rocksmith 2014 remastered stopped working

mlcncc927

Question

Hello:

I have Rocksmith2014 remastered and it stopped working. I took a break from playing for a while due to an injury and when I had a chance to play again the game won’t work. It will load and I can select learn a song and the song will load but when I click on the song again to start nothing happens. I have read through some post on the website trying to find a fix but nothing works. I am sorry if a fix has been posted that I can’t find or figure out but I thought I would ask for help.  I thought there is probably someone on this website that knows a fix and would share? I installed a D3Dx9_42.dll at some point and have tried removing it with no luck. I own the game and have bought official DLCs and cherub rock and I have some custom DLCs. I am running Windows 10 on a PC. The game worked in the past but I can’t figure it out now. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Mark

5 answers to this question

If you have not played since Sept 10th, 2022, then there was an update to Rocksmith about the time Rocksmith - was released. The old D3Dx9_42.dll will not work with the new update.

You will need to download the new .dll, remove or rename the old .dll. You can not have both at the same time, they interfere with one another. It is recommended that you use the new update, but there is a beta version to rollback to where you can use the old .dll.

to keep things simple, I would just use the new version and new .dll. Again, you can not have both at the same time.

The .dll is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1ZKYtpB0vu2U3RLa1ZvdmxJczg/view?resourcekey=0-fbWMN9R83EFvASSbAIgNbA

or use the enabler found here: https://ignition4.customsforge.com/tools/cdlcenabler

Hello:

Thanks for the quick reply. I deleted the old D3Dx9_42.dll and installed the new one in the link. When I load Learn A Song it loads but when I click to start play nothing happens. I deleted the D3Dx9_42.dll file again and tried the enabler to see if that would work and that didn’t work either. I tried both methods a few times but the Learn A Song would not start.

I have a few .dll files in the Rocksmith2014 folder. The files are bink2w32.dll, steam_api.dll, systemdetection.dll and uplay_r1_loader.dll.

Everything in the game seems to be there but they just won’t start.

Do you have any other ideas that I could try?

Thanks, Mark

46 minutes ago, mlcncc927 said:

Everything in the game seems to be there but they just won’t start.

Try a base game song without the D3Dx9_42.dll to see if the base game itself works. IF it does not, through Steam Library, repair the game files (Right click Rocksmith 2014, properties, local files, verify integrity of game files).

You may/probably have a corrupted file, a fresh install of the game would not hurt, but verify the integrity of game files first. When the base game does work, then add the D3Dx9_42.dll file, and then try a cDLC.

Thank you, thank you, and thank you:

I knew there were smart people on here that would help get this working. I tried the oDLC without the D3Dx9_42.dll and they wouldn’t work. I verified integrity of the game files and 27 files were corrupted but they were repaired. After that the oDLC would work and play correctly. After that I added the new D3Dx9_42.dll back in and tried the cDLC but they wouldn’t work. So I removed the D3Dx9_42.dll again. Then I used the enabler from the link you sent and after that the cDLCs worked. So now it seems everything works. Hopefully that will continue.

Thank you very much and without your help I don’t think I would have gotten it to work. I thought this game was over with no real replacement. I am looking forward to playing again and I really appreciate your fast response and the help getting this game to work for me. Without your help I think it would have been too much of a headache to figure this out.

Thank you again!

Mark

That, this is my goal here. I was beyond frustrated when Ubi did the update. I uninstalled the game, uninstalled Steam, lost almost all my game saves from over a dozen other Steam games, and I was still lost. If not for this forum, the people in it, I would never have known about the update and needing a new D3Dx9_42.dll. I was just a step away from reformating my drive and reinstalling an OS last year. My goal is to pay it forward, I am glad you were able to salvage the install and move forward. Smart? no. Just have been in similar shoes.

• Thanks 1