Ignition4 Feature Requests

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I am constantly checking updates of my collection and update everything, but it could be, that many is just had an update, but I did not downloaded the update yet. Now I try to figure out, what song should I just update, but I can not have a filter like this. I assume this is not possible.

So the new feature request would be like, if after the timestamp when I added a song to my collection (download/re download), and there is a modification on it, it should be possible to filter those songs out. This way, I could update all of the outdated songs.

Like here as an own menü?

image.png.2133e34f88e97fa5755a169c337fb71b.png

Or under Updated CDLC / Collection an filter option like: Need to update (or similar).

Thank you!

Hi!

Do it make sense to report a song? Since the new reporting system (Only songs with 2 active reports will be removed), a single report has no effect. The songs are staying on the list, and in most of the time, there will be no new upload of the song, no modifications at all by the charter.

So...why then report any of the songs?

image.thumb.png.d06b4324e5a89562ef772d239cca5234.png

The chance that a song is reported in 4 weeks by two different person is very low. Can you please do something with this?

Like, maybe introduce a trusted reporter system. Where trusted users could remove a song with a single report.
Or after 4 weeks, no change in the chart, then it is removed?

Idk...but I am a bit disappointed, that many times it is like Incorrect tuning, what probably easy to fix, or some notes are missing, but my report goes actually into the trash can.

BR: Kozaka

ps: I stopped to report anything, as now, it makes no sense.

• Administrator
19 hours ago, kozaka said:

Hi!

I am constantly checking updates of my collection and update everything, but it could be, that many is just had an update, but I did not downloaded the update yet. Now I try to figure out, what song should I just update, but I can not have a filter like this. I assume this is not possible.

So the new feature request would be like, if after the timestamp when I added a song to my collection (download/re download), and there is a modification on it, it should be possible to filter those songs out. This way, I could update all of the outdated songs.

Like here as an own menü?

image.png.2133e34f88e97fa5755a169c337fb71b.png

Or under Updated CDLC / Collection an filter option like: Need to update (or similar).

Thank you!

I don't know what you are asking for https://ignition4.local/user/updatedcdlc / the link highlighted literally stores the CDLC version you downloaded last, and the updated CDLC. That page is for updated CDLC

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

• Administrator
19 hours ago, kozaka said:

Hi!

Do it make sense to report a song? Since the new reporting system (Only songs with 2 active reports will be removed), a single report has no effect. The songs are staying on the list, and in most of the time, there will be no new upload of the song, no modifications at all by the charter.

So...why then report any of the songs?

image.thumb.png.d06b4324e5a89562ef772d239cca5234.png

The chance that a song is reported in 4 weeks by two different person is very low. Can you please do something with this?

Like, maybe introduce a trusted reporter system. Where trusted users could remove a song with a single report.
Or after 4 weeks, no change in the chart, then it is removed?

Idk...but I am a bit disappointed, that many times it is like Incorrect tuning, what probably easy to fix, or some notes are missing, but my report goes actually into the trash can.

BR: Kozaka

ps: I stopped to report anything, as now, it makes no sense.

Too many people complained that their CDLCs would get disabled through the first report, so that's why we have today's system. Your one report still gives them a report that should work on.

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

• 1 month later...
On 11/14/2023 at 12:43 PM, Unleashed2k said:

Too many people complained that their CDLCs would get disabled through the first report, so that's why we have today's system. Your one report still gives them a report that should work on.

Still...why then report, if 95% just does not care to fix at least an easy tuning problem? I can make a test, have a couple of bad chart listed on my Discord. But...if they complain, too much reports, then maybe they should do better charts I think rather than avoid the chart fix! 🙂 And the reporting system should help to get more better charts, than support bad charts with the avoiding system.

It could be maybe a good feature to enable to reply on the report. Or as I already suggested, a comment in the CDLC page about the report would be good. Then it would be visible, that it is already reported, and...the charter answers, I will not fix and why not.

I just got this feelings, that if I report some problem, just kind of nobody care. And I can not check, what happened with my report and why is just nothing happened with the bad chart! What I think is not the best, that it could happen, that a not soo bad chart is gone for a not so popular song, because of a report, and then nobody notice this and there will be just no chart of the song in the future.

I think it will not likely will happen, that a chart get reported 2 times in 4 week. I reported charts from 2014-15. Nobody will fix it for sure.

• 1 month later...

I got one new idea. I hope it will be implemented. If you are streamer, and you constantly downloads songs over RS Playlist URL-s, then the new charts bold mark will be gone for you.

New charts:

image.thumb.png.ea45c15fe95e4972781515bd91ac1bf8.png

Then I make a request on RSPL and click the download url:

image.thumb.png.cb2bccc8309421d2a63815fb4f90dbb3.png

URL: https://ignition4.customsforge.com/cdlc/83863

Not collected:

image.png.a925f6ba303ff146c478a74350c65028.png

After download, however, my latest charts marking is ruined. As it looks like, I downloaded something new. What is not the case. So I as a streamer, always loose the information what is new on ignition.

Would it be possible to add an property to the URL from RSPL and do not consider those downloads as a download from the ignition page? Like:

https://ignition4.customsforge.com/cdlc/83863?RSPL

This way we could use also the new charts function.

Thank you!

For the request module I have some ideas (we discussed on Discord this too a bit):

• It would be maybe better to extend the guideline text "Requesting previously released DLC may get your account banned." with "Requesting a previously released Official DLC may get your account banned."
  • A check before commit on ODLC would be great, to avoid unintentional requests mentioned above.
  • Preferred part could be as default all parts 🙂 I like charts with lead, rhythm, bass and vocals 🙂
  • Preferred part should be a selection list or a list with checkboxes
  • Preferred part should be extended with lyrics
  • Maybe a search field would be great to select an old chart, and request an enhance on it. Like a chart has only Lead track and the requester want to have the same chart extended with the bass and lyrics. This way not a new chart will be created with bass only, rather than (hopefully) an older chart will be just enhanced.
  • required fields should be highlighted (Artist Name, Title, Youtube link).

Thank you guys! Yo do a great work!

• Administrator
On 2/14/2024 at 10:51 AM, kozaka said:

For the request module I have some ideas (we discussed on Discord this too a bit):

• It would be maybe better to extend the guideline text "Requesting previously released DLC may get your account banned." with "Requesting a previously released Official DLC may get your account banned."
  • A check before commit on ODLC would be great, to avoid unintentional requests mentioned above.
  • Preferred part could be as default all parts 🙂 I like charts with lead, rhythm, bass and vocals 🙂
  • Preferred part should be a selection list or a list with checkboxes
  • Preferred part should be extended with lyrics
  • Maybe a search field would be great to select an old chart, and request an enhance on it. Like a chart has only Lead track and the requester want to have the same chart extended with the bass and lyrics. This way not a new chart will be created with bass only, rather than (hopefully) an older chart will be just enhanced.
  • required fields should be highlighted (Artist Name, Title, Youtube link).

Thank you guys! Yo do a great work!

• Guideline updated in next update
  • Required Fields highlighted in next update
  • ODLC is already blocked, enhanced it with a new warning
  • Enhance/Bypass already created CDLC is being looked into, no announcements yet

It looks like preferred part is still being misunderstood. I understand that people want full charts. But when you request a song you normally want one path to play. Let's say you're a bassist. You want one of your favorite bass songs created, this is the best approach for that. Otherwise everyone is just most likely to select all as of course we want full cdlcs! 

The purpose of preferred part is simply what path you want to prioritize as being created. I may change it later but at the moment I'm leaving it as is.

• Like 1

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/18/2024 at 11:21 AM, Unleashed2k said:
  • Guideline updated in next update
  • Required Fields highlighted in next update
  • ODLC is already blocked, enhanced it with a new warning
  • Enhance/Bypass already created CDLC is being looked into, no announcements yet

It looks like preferred part is still being misunderstood. I understand that people want full charts. But when you request a song you normally want one path to play. Let's say you're a bassist. You want one of your favorite bass songs created, this is the best approach for that. Otherwise everyone is just most likely to select all as of course we want full cdlcs! 

The purpose of preferred part is simply what path you want to prioritize as being created. I may change it later but at the moment I'm leaving it as is.

Thank you!

On 2/18/2024 at 12:21 PM, Unleashed2k said:

I think it's good to have that preferred path indicator! It would not feel very useful for me to request a song without specifying that I usually wish for the bass part. If the guitar part is charted as a response to my wishlist, I would have little use for it AND I'd feel bad that someone had spent their time charting the other part thinking it would have made me happy.