Anyone creating CDLC on an Ubuntu Linux platform?

someotherbruce

I am running Ubuntu 20.04. Rocksmith works fine under Proton. I used PlayOnLinux to get Customs Forge Song Manager up and running. It works as far as repairing CDLC is concerned and plays the songs - but I can't kick Rocksmith off from within CSFM. I got RocksmithToTabs running on the same virtual drive, by opening up PlayOnLinux, and popping my RocksmithToTabs directory on the same virtual drive as CFSM. I got Editor On Fire to open up. I can't seem to get DLC Builder to run under PlayOnLinux.

So - anyone making CDLC under Ubuntu or another Linux platform? Anyone have a "how-to"? I'm kind of wanting to try my hand on The Cramps. Not sure if I could - but wanted to try and get the tools working together on Ubuntu under Wine or PlayOnLinux or Proton (if I can figure that part out).

Hmmm. When trying to run it under PlayOnLinux it throws out this error:

Error in POL_Wine
Starting 64-bit process DLCBuilder.exe is not supported in 32-bit virtual drives

Think I need to do some research and see how to build a 64 bit drive under PlayOnLinux. Not sure if I would need to move CFSM, EOL and RocksmithToTabs to the 64 bit virtuasl drive. But at least I have a direction.

Edited: I installed a 64 bit virtual drive using PlayOnLinux. I popped DLCBuilder on it. It gave me dot net errors. I believe it was dot net 5.0 - so I downloaded 5.0.6 desktop launcher from Microsoft and installed it. DLCBuilder will try to launch now, but immediately throws out error codes and crashes. I'm not sure what I might need to do to get DLCBuilder running under wine using PlayOnLinux.