JohnJones1982

Hello All,

I am looking to dip my toe into creating CDLC and would like to start off with my favourite band Ocean Colour Scene.

I have the original tab books that I purchased back in the 90's but I am struggling to transfer them into Guitar Pro. I get lost with the multiple guitar parts and how to enter certain musical notation.

Could anyone point me in the direction of a guide or a YouTube video to assist me with this? or even willing to transfer them for me if I provide scans of the books?

Looking forward to receiving some help and then giving back to this awesome community!

3 hours ago, JohnJones1982 said:

I have the original tab books that I purchased back in the 90's but I am struggling to transfer them into Guitar Pro. I get lost with the multiple guitar parts and how to enter certain musical notation.

It depends on what version of guitar pro you're using but it shouldn't be too bad for most stuff, gp5 has all the techniques on one bar at the bottom and the "index" should cover most of it.

I find slides and bends are never tabbed very well and pretty much need doing by ear since they're so vaguely defined in most tab books though.

For multiple guitar parts I just do them all in separate tracks and then merge them for rs afterwards.

I found this helpful when starting out but the main thing to learn is the note durations and beaming otherwise it will take ages if you have to figure out each note duration by ear.

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype