Custom Song Tool Kit Not Working

SentientSnowman

Question

I've troubleshot literally everything and it won't even open from the rscustom link. And the other link I forgot where it was, the app would almost open and then say it was damaged. I tried all of the listed fixes for that, but it just isn't working. Is there maybe an online/browser converter or am I just kinda screwed here?

9 answers to this question

With the way you worded your message, I'm gonna assume you're on MacOS. Do you know what version of MacOS you are on? The Toolkit will only work up to a certain version (because Apple decided it wanted to drop support for 32 bit applications that toolkit requires).

If you just need a converter, a user made a tool that can convert psarcs from PC to Mac, and runs on the latest MacOS'. Here's the link: https://github.com/glebb/rocksmithconvert . There should be some instructions on how to install it there.

On 2/20/2021 at 10:14 AM, Ffio said:

With the way you worded your message, I'm gonna assume you're on MacOS. Do you know what version of MacOS you are on? The Toolkit will only work up to a certain version (because Apple decided it wanted to drop support for 32 bit applications that toolkit requires).

If you just need a converter, a user made a tool that can convert psarcs from PC to Mac, and runs on the latest MacOS'. Here's the link: https://github.com/glebb/rocksmithconvert . There should be some instructions on how to install it there.

ok so im kinda dumb with GitHub and all that so how do you download that as an app bc when I downloaded it it just gave me the source files

2 hours ago, Woodynumba1 said:

I  have the same problem, but when I download the Mac converted and try to open it says that it cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified (mac OS cannot verify that this app is free from malware). Any suggestions?

Right click (if you have it, if you don't try control click) and click "Open". That should bypass that check if Apple hasn't changed it.

5 hours ago, Woodynumba1 said:

I  have the same problem, but when I download the Mac converted and try to open it says that it cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified (mac OS cannot verify that this app is free from malware). Any suggestions?

You can allow osx run the app by clicking the apple icon from the top left of the screen, selecting System Preferences / Security & Privacy / General and at the bottom of that dialog it should have a notification that conversion app has been blocked. You can allow to run it from there. This is only needed when running the app for the first time.