CDLC showing full fretboard instead of only part of it

zpatv01

Question

I just noticed in my CDLCs, that the game shows the full fretboard zoomed out, instead of only the needed part which can be zoomed in. It's like it is zoomed out preparing to jump to higher frets, but actually it is zoomed out even if there is longer part on lower frets. Is it just me not doing something to prevent this, or is this the problem with all CDLCs?

4 answers to this question

Most likely it's an issue with the chart's fret hand positions or not enough phrases/sections. If you have manually defined fret hand positions in a track in EOF, the editor will automatically determine how "wide" they have to be (ie. how many lanes are highlighted at once). If there aren't enough fret hand position changes, you can end up with them being really wide and the camera will probably have to be zoomed out enough to display all of the highlighted frets.

The camera also seems to zoom out depending on the fret hand positions in use over the next couple phrases/sections, so if those phrases/sections are really long the camera may have to zoom out further depending on how much the fret hand moves from one end of the guitar to the other. If you break down the chart into smaller phrases/sections it may reduce this problem.

• Like 1

Ok, I'll try that. I always do automatic generation of fret hand positions by EoF, so I'll try to add sections and phrases. Thank you

Do you do List then Generate, or do you trust the popup when you save saying it will generate them? I always do the former, and I never do phrases or sections while testing CDLC during creation, and I haven't had that problem.

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Download my L'Arc~en~Ciel Ken "Love Driver Cat" custom Inlays here