Jump to content

Rocksmith Song crash when sections > phrases?


ice9
 Share

Recommended Posts

Was working on a song and I noticed something odd:

 

Had a song with 13 sections.  DDC generated just fine, but song would crash in Rocksmith.

 

Looking at the DDC output, I noticed it only had 12 phrases generated (it's a fairly repetitive song).

 

When I deleted 2 of the sections from EOF and repacked, it worked (it now had fewer sections).

 

Is this a bug with DDC or Rocksmith?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

If the first section is empty (no note and no chord inside) for an arrangement the song may crash in the RR. So DDC deletes this section or moves its starting phrase automatically to avoid the crash.

 

I am interested by your original psarc file to investigate this problem.

 

Can you share it please ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know the song starts right off with a chord - I even tried narrowing it down to a specific arr (bass, in my case) - tried different phrase lengths... the one thing that fixed it was reducing the number of sections.

 

in the mean time, here's the list of sections: 

 

   <sections count="18">
        <section name="intro" number="1" startTime="3.352"/>
        <section name="solo" number="1" startTime="16.223"/>
        <section name="transition" number="1" startTime="41.536"/>
        <section name="verse" number="1" startTime="52.568"/>
        <section name="chorus" number="1" startTime="75.555"/>
        <section name="verse" number="2" startTime="87.815"/>
        <section name="chorus" number="2" startTime="99.354"/>
        <section name="preverse" number="1" startTime="111.635"/>
        <section name="verse" number="3" startTime="122.954"/>
        <section name="riff" number="1" startTime="145.591"/>
        <section name="solo" number="2" startTime="167.177"/>
        <section name="solo" number="3" startTime="189.395"/>
        <section name="verse" number="4" startTime="200.638"/>
        <section name="chorus" number="3" startTime="211.733"/>
        <section name="riff" number="2" startTime="234.846"/>
        <section name="solo" number="4" startTime="257.155"/>
        <section name="outro" number="1" startTime="279.335"/>
        <section name="noguitar" number="1" startTime="303.420"/>
    </sections>
 
it worked after I removed the transition, preverse, solo @ 189.395 and the 2 riff sections
 
I'll have to recreate the CDLC, but will post the link here when I get it built later today
 
 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

no... when I build it, I generally do the "max" build first, including all parts, DD w/phrase length=2, RR, tones, etc - if there's an issue, then I start removing things until it works - this is even before I try to play it :)  so I don't have any stored scores.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy