Changing of cdlc sorting

TheJaffe4027

Question

Was wondering if there was a way to change the sorting info of a cdlc. I like all the songs by an artist to appear in the same place. For the most part this is not a problem, but occasionally a song will show up in another part of the list. Sometimes the cdlc is sorted by song title instead of artist or maybe it's a solo artist and some of the cdlc will sort by first name and some by last name. Anyways just was wondering if there was a quick simple way to change this in the tool kit or what not.

thanks

6 answers to this question

In Rocksmith you can sort by artist. year, how often you've played it. All kinds of options, Try making sure it is set to Artist. I do not think that artist is the default.

I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.

yep i got that. my issue is for example with john frusciante cdlc's i have one that is sorted by artist as Frusciante, John and shows up under F and another that appears under J as John Frusciante. Also sometimes the cdlc is packed with the sort name as the name of the song instead of the Artist so they appear in different locations

There are quite a few options in Rocksmith for song sorting. I'm assuming you have yours set to artist. As long as the artist is correct on the CDLC it should be in the right place. If the charter Put something like THE Scorpions, instead of Scorpions, it would show up out of place. The file would have to be regenerated with the correct info in order to change that. And more than likely it wouldn't work out the way you want. OH, well like I said you could try to regenerate the file, but I've never actually done that.

I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.

ok thanks, that's what i was afraid of. i have several cdlc's that show up in different locations because of the Last, First or The name and name issues also Paradise City shows up under P instead or G for Guns n Roses. Anyways i'm just anal about stuff like that. I'm not complaining by any means was just hoping there was a way i could fix this myself. I will throw out as a friendly suggestion that maybe there should be a guideline for the labeling of cdlc's. such as solo artist's listed as Last, First names and maybe bands should be labeled in the sort info by the name only and drop of the THE. for example most Beatles songs show up under Beatles but there are several that sort by The Beatles. As i said just a suggestion, Thanks for the replies Attitude, much appreciated.