Unable to import lyric files

Billkwando

Question

Hi all!

I've recently tried import lyrics from an existing file, and I always get "No Lyrics Found" or a message about the file being invalid.

I saw that EoF accepts srt subtitle files, so I tried to use Aegisub (a subtitling program I have extensive experience with) and sub a couple lines to see if it worked. The program exports srt files, but EoF won't accept them.

Is there something obvious I might be missing?

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Download my L'Arc~en~Ciel Ken "Love Driver Cat" custom Inlays here

11 answers to this question

I don't know what encoding I used, so I will check tonight when I get home. When I did it, I only timed whole lines, and not words and syllables, because I just wanted to see if it worked at all. Could that have been a factor, or more likely just the encoding issue?

Thanks for checking into it, and I'm glad I could bring the program to your attention!

I subtitled all these videos using it: http://www.jpopsuki.tv/search?module=search&action=index&title=maximum+the+hormone&type=all&categoriesopt=0&page=2&page=1

This is my favorite of them all: http://www.jpopsuki.tv/video/Maximum-the-Hormone---Buiikikaesu%2521%2521-%2528Eng-sub%2529/199e9a2d3a0cec2632b2272e6c1f9c44

- Billkwando

I think that encoding issue, select it as karaoke template and set utf-7 encoding(its still 1byte encoding, utf-8 is a 2 byte encoding).Those would import even cyrillic(but we can't see font glyphs for it ingame and in EOF too). I still don't implemented cusom fonts for Rorckmith 2014, have no timeknowlage for this:(Also utf-8 used BOM indicator, EOF can't hadle it. take care.

• Like 1

OK, so if I choose UTF-7 and the karaoke template, it should work? Thanks!

Off topic, but do you have any idea why pop up messages wouldn't work for me in RS2014? I set the duration to 2000ms, and the message was "They might be strumming". I was really just playing around, but I wanted to check in case I really need it at some point.

- Billkwando

Oh, ok! Thanks again!

Also, I didn't really understand how the karaoke template worked when I was messing with it the other day, cos none of the songs I've done have been in karaoke style, so I may be back with more questions! :D

- Billkwando

Yeah, I'm still getting "Invalid Lyric File" even if I save it as UTF-7 and karaoke template.

- Billkwando

Hi Alex!

Thanks for your help via PM. To bring the topic back into the thread (for the folks who may have the same issue and find this thread in the future), you explained that UTF-8 would also work actually, and that the problem with my file was that I had overlapping lyrics/lines.

In cases like this, where there are background vocals/harmonies that have different lyrics than the main vocal, do we just omit them completely? I saw there was a harmony section in EoF (something about Beatles Rock Band?) but is that only for when all vocalists are singing the same words but different notes?

Also, since EoF expects there to be a melody to go with the lyrics, for the purposes of Rocksmith, can you just use one (or any random) note for all the lyrics? Since the Help file in EoF rarely gives specific cases for Rocksmith, I wasn't sure what to do about that.

- Billkwando

Perfect, thanks for all the help!

I will give it a try tonight, and report back if it blows up in my face. ;)

- Billkwando