'Go to first unread post' seems inconsitent

sleepy

Question

Hello,

I've noticed that some threads I'm following and/or have posted in display the 'Go to first unread post' option when they have unread posts and others don't. Is there a certain scenario or criteria other than new unread posts that triggers this to appear or not appear?

Thanks,

sleepy

Acoustic Guitar:  Seagull Maritime GT  Playing Since:  8/11/2011

Electric Guitar:  Epiphone Les Paul Jr.  Playing since:  9/25/2013

Bass Guitar:  Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Special  Playing Since:  2/17/2014

"The road of life is rocky, and you may stumble too. So while you point your finger, someone else is judging you." --Bob Marley

2 answers to this question

As far as I can see on my laptop if you have viewed a thread before the "unread posts" options will be given when there are posts you have not seen been made, otherwise you should get just an unread thread symbol instead. This is how it should be appearing.

Hi Ally, 

Thanks for the reply! I agree with you that in some cases the feature works just fine. There are some threads, however, where it just doesn't appear for me. I'm not sure how helpful this will be, but I'll give you an example. During my session today, the 'Rocksmith Championship Week 23' thread (a thread in which I've never posted, only read) gave me the option to view the first unread post, whereas the 'Show us what you play' thread (a thread in which I have posted) in the Gear Garage did not.

At the end of the day, this isn't a deal-breaker or anything. I just thought I'd mention it for posterity.

sleepy

Acoustic Guitar:  Seagull Maritime GT  Playing Since:  8/11/2011

Electric Guitar:  Epiphone Les Paul Jr.  Playing since:  9/25/2013

Bass Guitar:  Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Special  Playing Since:  2/17/2014

"The road of life is rocky, and you may stumble too. So while you point your finger, someone else is judging you." --Bob Marley