GP5 Import bug with 3/4 signature

lduperval

Hi,

I tabbed a song in 3/4 using TUxGuitar/GP5. I imported the  audio in EOF and aligned the beat map correctly. However, when I import the file in EOF, the notes don't align with the song. They are slower. I used the "Estimate BPM" function and it worked correctly, since the metronome aligns with the song.

Is there something I'm not doing correctly or am I supposed to use a different approach when not using a 4/4 song?

Thanks,

L

The estimate BPM feature uses a third party tool that doesn't seem to be designed to take time signatures into account.   You can use the "Beat>Time signature>Convert" function to leave the beat timing the same while placing time signature changes.

Hi,

i ended up setting the BPM manually and it seems OK now.

However, I have another problem: When I import in EOF, a measure that has three quarter notes will, for example, load the first one as long with sustain, but the other two are short. It happens in a number of places, and not always in the same manner (well, I think). I tried changing my setting to not cut short notes, but then all the notes have a sustain and it's ugly.

Is there a way to say that, for example, all quarter notes and above should have a sustain and the ones below shouldn't? Or is there a way to set the duration of a note when importing?

Thanks,

L

The way EOF is programmed, the sustain shouldn't be automatically removed from quarter notes, although depending on the tablature, those notes may actually have been changed to be shorter than expected (ie. shuffle feel, tuplets, etc).  If you can post the Guitar Pro file in question and cite some measures that import incorrectly, I'll check it out.  Otherwise EOF doesn't change the duration of imported notes, they are left as-is unless you'd enabled the preference to truncate the sustain from notes/chords that are shorter than a quarter note.