ikwtif - customs

ikwtif

Since I started working on a few cdlc songs I tought it was time to make a thread so I can keep a few things organised. At the moment, I'm just working on some Jimi Hendrix songs I wanted to add to RS, wich I had tabblature for. I'm planning on transcribing a few less-known songs later on but I wanted to learn how to make cdlc's first before putting a lot of effort in transcribing a song.

This thread is mainly to keep my progress and ask for people to test the cdlc before I upload them.

You can find all cdlc files that are ready to test in the following link if you want to give them a test run 

(mainly to check if it's synced properly/not too messy/proper tone/or maybe just something I overlooked, since that tends to happen every now and then :lol: )

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/32kuyr2rjqn2fnz/AACqTl2vSMjfmcIuSwcFzjfia?dl=0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently I'm working on the following (Jimi Hendrix) songs. 

• Villanova Junction (lead) - Eb standard

Needs testing

+ I sill need to find the proper tuning frequency for this one wich seems to be slightly above Eb standard. Not sure how to exactly find the proper tuning, so if anyone is willing to help with that or can maybe point me to a program that can help with it, I would greatly appreciate it. If I can't figure it out I might just use a backing track instead of the song.

• Valleys of Neptune (rythm/vocals) - Eb standard

Ready, but needs test

• One Rainy Wish (rythm/lead/bass/vocals) - Eb standard

Ready except bass tone

I have no bass guitar so I can't really test that in RS, or make a proper tone for it. So if anyone is willing to help with that, I would appreciate it. Currently I just linked the bass to the default tone.

------------------------------------------------

Update 26/09

Also thinking of doing these

• Up from the skies (rythm) - Eb standard

tabs in GP

• May this be love (rythm) - Eb standard

tabs in GP

• My Friend (rythm guitar1&2)

tabs in GP

• Pali Gap
  • South Saturn Delta

synced

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for now. If I forget something I'll update it later. I currently have all song audio set to 0db (instead of the -7db default) since they sounded very low. I don't think it's because of one of my settings so it shouldn't be a problem, but just a heads up for headphone users, you never know  :D but you should be able to hear it in the preview if it's way too loud.

I also might add Dynamic Difficulty with the RS toolkit, but I tried it once and just seem too be more confusing than anything. I tought about making phrases for it but I assume most of the phrases are too different for the leveling to work properly so I probably won't do that with these songs.

PS: When I am testing I don't want to retune everytime so I use the program transcribe to pitch the song from Eb to E standard. No idea if this is a thing, but I might put the retuned cdlc in a dropbox link in this thread too after I uploaded them. Or if anyone wants to test a song without having to retune let me know and I'll add those to the link aswell.

Finished

• You Blues practice pack
  • Hey Gipsy Boy - Jimi Hendrix
  • Like 1

Feedback for One Rainy Wish.

I love this song, i've requested this song and i'm glad to see someone make it.

The Tones-Spot on, they sound excellent and pretty much your great on that.

Gameplay- I've spotted a few things that need adjusting. Bring the camera in closer to the fretboard, the majority of the song the camera stays too far out, it should be brought in closer, especially on the parts that are simplistic, the sliding parts the camera should go out a bit to see where you have to go but overall the camera needs to come in closer.

Notes wise, most of them are pretty accurate timing wise, however the bends and some notes do not register well or are partially out of sync. During the solo there's 2  spots that need adjusting, as you move into the main solo on the 12th-14th frets, on the little e on the 14th fret, there should be a full bend there on that note, a few notes later you have another bend on the 14th LIttle E however its not just a simple bend its also a bend+trtemolo on that particular bend. 

Other than than a few timing and sync issues,  I'd say this is a excellent CDLC

This is the Lead guitar part feedback

@

Thanks for the feedback!

And yeah, I noticed some parts out of sync. specially a lot of the intro so I'll be fixing that and removing last part of the intro since it's barely hearable. I think I made most of the bends a bit too fast, probably why they don't register, I'll make those longer. I think they are supposed to be longer anyway. 

I'll check the second bend you talk about, I think the notation in RS was just weird because it's supposed to be very fast picking of the 14th fret on the e string while holding the bend, I think it looked a bit too much like a regular bend in RS since the notes are very close to each other. I might just make it a tremolo vibrato if it's too confusing.

Some hammer-on's where not properly synced too. So I'll just go trough it again to fix some parts to the best of my abilities. I'll try uploading a new version soon-ish if you are willing to go trough it again.

Not sure if it's possible to adjust the camera like that. I think I can only adjust the scrollspeed, wich is already fairly low I think. But I'll look into that.

Also forgot phrases so I'll probably just add the dynamic difficulty/phrases next time too. 

Great you liked the tone. One less thing to worry about  :lol:

Sure no problem i'll check out the new version once your tampered with it. For the ending of the song, might I suggest try to find the extended version of the song. The one from Rockband 2 for instance it had extended ending that filled out the song and ended on a substained note, where most versions cut off as that part approaches.

As far as the camera is concerned it has to have a adjustment, because if you look at many of the  songs you'll notice it zooms in on sections and pans out on others when its needed. 

@

If I find a good audio quality one I might look into it but I assume rockband does the same thing as RS, wich is making their own arrangements so I don't think it will be easy to find that version, and it will be different anyway. Currently I'm also converting from high quality *.flac files from albums so most likely will just keep this. 

I know the camera zooms in songs but I don't think any program gives controls for that, only setting the general scroll speed. I think it just auto zooms when there are notes far apart on the neck. One of the other songs has the same 'problem' so I'll look into that but I don't think I'll be able to manually adjust it during the song.

The High Quality files are fantastic, audio wise and tone wise you have that pretty much mastered, and with a few adjustments, its pretty solid, once you ready for the second phase to be tested i'll give some feedback on it. Thanks for all your hard work! Much appreciated its my favorite jimi hendrix song

• 3 months later...

I have been putting some blues practice lessons in a cdlc, most of the songs should be descent enough but I'm done working on them since I already spend waaay too much time on them and I don't need them for practice myself, also I want to slowly start with part 2 that has more advanced practice songs and finish the other songs I was working on.

Part 1 is very basic for the most part and I assume you have a grasp on chords/scales. I'll probably make a thread with some more basic info for each song but before I release it in the database, maybe someone would give it a playtrough so if there are still minor mistakes I can fix them. 

It's a 21 song pack. Most of the titles give you a general idea of what the songs offer. Some fairly short and easy. But for difficulty, I would say they go from beginner to intermediate in order, each song teaching some different techniques you can incorporate into your own playing.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/upgs4nh8hzp2lf2/AABKsgRGqofYS5Bha8_waxtFa?dl=0