Slide Guitar

Astroflux

Hey guys,

I've been playing guitar about 2 years now, I've been playing in a church band, jamming with friends, and really getting into music.  Specifically, I have really fallen in love with blue, jazz, and all that kind of music.  Something about putting emotion into my guitar has really helped me with my playing, and hell with my emotions.  Enough of the pussy stuff now though I need some help.  I've recently really gotten into Duane Allman and Derek Trucks style guitar playing.   They're pretty crazy.  The best way I've noticed that I learn guitar is simply playing along with songs on Rocksmith and learning the different ins and outs of my favorite players' techniques.  Is there any CDLC of sorts that would help me with slide guitar.  Currently I am using open E tuning, and as I am decent at improv on standard e tuning without a slide, I can't say I am too decent with open E and slide.  Rocksmith has been my way of learning songs easily.  Tabs and sheet music is hard for me, and playing by ear only gets me so far.  It would help to have a song to base myself off of.  Any recommendations?

• Administrator

I know the Seven Nation Army is played in Open A with a slide (official DLC) a part from that nothing really comes to mind right now...

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity