Which is the best Rickenbacker bass tone?

JamesPrestonUK

Question

Hi everyone,

I've done a couple of customs which need a good Rickenbacker tone (The Jam and The Damned). None of the official DLC I can think of has a good Rick tone (the tone on Red Barchetta sucks!) so I was wondering whether anyone has any suggestions please?

I chart BASS PARTS ONLY. Requests for guitar parts will be ignored. I hope that is clear. 

Twitter updates: @jamesprestonuk

Donations: https://paypal.me/jamesprestonuk?country.x=GB&locale.x=en_GB (thank you!)

5 answers to this question

@@JamesPrestonUK - I'd probably take a look at some of the tones used for Yes or Chris Squire - some very good charters have worked on them, and in particular the latter is a custom by @@Aludog, and he almost always delivers. Though I guess Chris Squire's tone is maybe a beast of its own.

• Like 2

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Good call - I'd completely forgotten about Yes, many thanks!

EDIT: I just saved the tones from the Chris Squire track (thanks @@Aludog!) so I'll use those in the next release of Down In The Tube Station and Wait For The Blackout

• Like 2

I chart BASS PARTS ONLY. Requests for guitar parts will be ignored. I hope that is clear. 

Twitter updates: @jamesprestonuk

Donations: https://paypal.me/jamesprestonuk?country.x=GB&locale.x=en_GB (thank you!)

Almost always?   :broken_heart:

Well, I take it anyway.   :sob:

I need to cover my behind. What If I were to say "Aludog always delivers", and then at some point you jokingly do a terrible CDLC and I get sued?

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!