Just won't play...

gsnthensome

Question

4 answers to this question

I've been having problems with this recently as well. Sometimes it goes through tuning and then freezes before the note highway comes up, sometimes it freezes when first selecting the song (might be because tuning has already been checked, so that's still right before the note highway comes up?). I've been working on finishing some songs the past few hours and of 5 songs I've generated only 2 have worked.

Here's a link to the folder for one of the ones that doesn't work, in case anyone can check it out. Thanks!

Been using EoF 1432, the v.2.6.1.0-8f6178fa beta of the Toolkit (I reverted because this problem started happening with one of the more recent versions, but it seems that might not have been the problem) and Wwise v2014.1.5 build 5282, in case any of that makes a difference.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

@@albatross213

I've found that a corrupted tone is usually the reason for the freeze up at the beginning when you try to play a song.  Did the three songs that didn't work all use the same tone?  And you don't have to do anything for a tone to become corrupted, just one day it won't work anymore.  If so, try to isolate that tone that isn't working and replace it with a new, different tone and see if that works.

@@albatross213

I've found that a corrupted tone is usually the reason for the freeze up at the beginning when you try to play a song.  Did the three songs that didn't work all use the same tone?  And you don't have to do anything for a tone to become corrupted, just one day it won't work anymore.  If so, try to isolate that tone that isn't working and replace it with a new, different tone and see if that works.

Um, I think two of the three songs that froze used the same tones, but the other one shared tones with the two that worked. So I'm not convinced it's the tones, but I'll probably give a try to mocking up something simple from the defaults or official tones and see if that has any effect.

Also, is it possible that there's something in the chart that Rocksmith doesn't like? I can't imagine what it would be in "You Keep Me Hangin' On", though, as there's very little of a technical (in terms of Rocksmith techniques, at least - maybe just fret hand mutes) nature.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!