Custom Testing

Aludog

I think my trio of Riverside songs is ready for testing, so here goes. Suggestions on tones for all would definitely be appreciated, but I'll also let you know some specifics for each song.

Riverside - Celebrity Touch: the main things that need looking at in this is the bass during some of the softer parts. I tried to get the rhythms and hammer-ons pretty close (the tab was missing a bunch), but there might be some things I didn't do perfectly. Really easy to sync as they stay remarkably close to 90.00 bpm at all beats.

Riverside - Rainbow Box: should be simple and fun to play. Main things to look at are probably some of the slides leading into the chorus, guitar chord slides during the chorus, and the guitar/bass parts in the post-chorus (the tab has them doing somewhat different things).

Riverside - New Generation Slave: Syncing is kind of BSed during the first part of the song, but should be OK. The latter parts of the song should be quite fun to play. I've been considering removing the first part because of its length, but figured I'd leave it in.

I'm planning on doing some more Riverside songs, and while there are still a bunch that have good tabs that I'd like to do, there are also a bunch that don't have tabs. In particular, if anyone could transcribe The Same River I would love you forever!

Happy testing!

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

I'm pretty sure most (all?) of their songs are in E standard. But maybe I should have asked them after the show when I saw them a couple of years ago! Speaking of which, a fellow audience member took some video of that show. Looking forward to seeing them again in a couple of months!

Hmm, interesting. I thought it sounded like D Standard but it seems I'm wrong. :D

Also, great concert. Being that close to musicians like that is awesome. Small venues for great artists are the best. :lol:

Here's another one, but this one's in an early beta stage: I've synced it but haven't done much of anything with sustains, slides, or things of that nature. Mainly just wanted to upload it now in case any of the Europeans want to try it before they head to sleep. I'll hopefully have time to polish it up tonight so it's more of a "release candidate" version.

Ozric Tentacles - Erpland is bass only in D standard tuning, and should be incredibly fun (and often pretty challenging) to play. The tone used is the YYZ one.

Give it a playthrough and let me know how it looks in terms of the sync, tone, sectioning, and general structure of the tablature (I'm pretty sure there are some slides in there that don't make sense and I'll take care of those pretty soon. The big thing I'm looking for is if any of the notes are wrong, or if there are some parts where the rhythm is off of what's played.). Have fun!

• Like 1

I've been working on The Anarchist by Rush, and finally made a push at getting the GP done and syncing it up today. Difficulty shouldn't be too bad with the exception of a couple of fills before the verses and the riff after the post chorus, but it's definitely not an easy song.

As things are now, it's bass only (there are text guitar tabs, but I'm kind of lazy. If anyone wants to work on adding it to the GP, that would be cool). It's also definitely in pre-release, as there are a few unfinished sections (exactly what gets played before the choruses, a section in the solo, and maybe some other fills). I haven't done much work with the slides or sustain length yet (and the GP file for some reason decided to add sustains to the end of every measure, so there's definitely that). I used the tone from Headlong Flight, but it definitely seems nowhere near as meaty as the tone in this song.

If anyone wants to play through it, you can download it here. A video of me playing it is up if anyone wants to give time-stamps of specific issues or watch any particular parts outside of Rocksmith or anything like that.

Thanks for your help!