All notes in EOF turn to an X string mute

Billkwando

Question

I think I accidentally hit the wrong keyboard shortcut, and now whenever I hit N to change a note's fret number, it automatically changes to a mute when I hit apply.

Any ideas?

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Download my L'Arc~en~Ciel Ken "Love Driver Cat" custom Inlays here

7 answers to this question

SHIFT+X (toggle string mute) can do that.  If you press either F or N when an affected note is selected and all of the mute checkboxes are checked, then that's probably what happened.  Selecting the affected notes and using SHIFT+X again is probably the best way to correct it, otherwise if you try to use the dialogs that come up when pressing F or N, it also applies fret numbering and can destroy your chord changes.

SHIFT+X (toggle string mute) can do that.  If you press either F or N when an affected note is selected and all of the mute checkboxes are checked, then that's probably what happened.  Selecting the affected notes and using SHIFT+X again is probably the best way to correct it, otherwise if you try to use the dialogs that come up when pressing F or N, it also applies fret numbering and can destroy your chord changes.

I can try that when I get home, but just so you know, I'm only doing single notes, and I deleted them and when I put a note back down, the moment I change the fret number it automatically mutes it. also, I can't remember if this is normal or not, but instead of saying Lane #1 it says Legacy.

- Billkwando

If you can post some screen caps, it would help me see what's up. Or perhaps send me your project so I can try to reproduce the issue. It could be something unexpected like you accidentally set the track's fret limit to something really low like 1.

• Like 1

Here ya go: https://mega.co.nz/#!10VCmbgK!kAqXkT8H2eG0O1qKQcOi4YrCI6B8xlqMk6o8Q1ip7Gg

Actually I was working with the 19th and 20th fret.

Edit: YUP! I didn't even know that was a setting, but mine was set to a max of 17 frets.

Track > Pro Guitar > Set number of frets/strings

Thanks!

- Billkwando

EOF is working as expected. The track you're using has a default fret limit of 17 (this is a Rock Band 3 compatibility setting) so if you set a fret number higher than that, EOF has to alter it. I was thinking about adding a prompt asking the user whether to raise the fret limit if this happens.

• Like 1

EOF is working as expected. The track you're using has a default fret limit of 17 (this is a Rock Band 3 compatibility setting) so if you set a fret number higher than that, EOF has to alter it. I was thinking about adding a prompt asking the user whether to raise the fret limit if this happens.

That would be cool if you did. It did completely stop my work for a night ;)

Thanks again for the help!

- Billkwando