Drop B Tuning

Xenon54

Question

2 answers to this question

I think @@Nacholede has done some customs with drop B tuning, so he might be able to help more, but I think this will work:

When you add or edit an arrangement there is the tuning dropdown menu, and next to it is a button that's just labelled "...". In there you can manually define a new tuning, so for drop B (assuming it's C# drop B )it would be -5, -3, -3, -3, -3, -3.

For bass tuning the tuner has problems with tunings this low (I don't think there are such problems for guitar, but I don't play guitar, so...). You can often get around this by entering the usual tuning and then using the "Fix Low Bass Tuning" fix in the Packer/Unpacker tab of the toolkit, but you can also do it manually by setting the tuning frequency to A220 and then adding 12 (for an octave's worth of semi-tones) to the relative tunings mentioned above. That is, the tuning settings would be A220 and 7, 9, 9, 9.

I hope this helps!

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

I think @@Nacholede has done some customs with drop B tuning, so he might be able to help more, but I think this will work:

When you add or edit an arrangement there is the tuning dropdown menu, and next to it is a button that's just labelled "...". In there you can manually define a new tuning, so for drop B (assuming it's C# drop B) it would be -5, -3, -3, -3, -3, -3.

For bass tuning the tuner has problems with tunings this low (I don't think there are such problems for guitar, but I don't play guitar, so...). You can often get around this by entering the usual tuning and then using the "Fix Low Bass Tuning" fix in the Packer/Unpacker tab of the toolkit, but you can also do it manually by setting the tuning frequency to A220 and then adding 12 (for an octave's worth of semi-tones) to the relative tunings mentioned above. That is, the tuning settings would be A220 and 7, 9, 9, 9.

I hope this helps!

What he said! been doing some Machine Head customs that are tuned down to Drop B, that will help you! 

9A7alLl.jpg