Song won't play in "Learn a Song", will play in "Score Attack"

mysfitt

Question

This happens to be me a fair amount with certain CDLCs. Others work just fine both ways. It's quite frustrating since score attack is a horrible way to learn a new song. Does this happen to anybody else? I can do the tuning and the speakers drop and the note highway comes up, but it never starts moving. An example of this is "Going the Distance" by Cake. I've found lots of others with the same behavior though. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I convert most of the CDLCs I download from PC to Mac format using Song Creator 2.4.1. I'm also using the RSInjector.app that I got from smithy anvil.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

3 answers to this question

There's a known bug in the toolkit which is causing this. I'm not sure if it affects converting from one platform to another, however.The bug seems to randomly affect the packing process off a CDLC. It basically causes the Toolkit to spit faulty arrangements about 30-40% of the time. Repeating packing process until it's fixed is the only way around this until the bug is squashed for good. The toolkit devs are aware of it, and it's already been logged on GitHub. As far as I know, they're still trying to find the root cause.The only thing that I can suggest for you is to try the conversion process again, and maybe again after that if the first time is unsuccessful. This is assuming, of course, that the PC version that you're converting from is working properly for all arrangements (you may want to check the CDLC's thread to see if anyone has raised an issue or confirmed). Good luck man! 

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

I suspected it was some kinda bug in the toolkit. Thanks for the advice. I might try unpacking and re-packing to see if that will fix it. There's some great songs this is affecting, so I'd love to find a fix!

Yeah, it can't hurt to try to repack or convert it again. As long as the version you're converting from is confirmed as working, you'll get it working eventually :)The problem for us charters is that in most cases, we can only test on one of the 4 platforms (for me it's PC). The toolkit will sometimes spit out working PC arrangements and then malfunctioning Mac or Xbox versions of the same song.I'm all for releasing my stuff on all platforms so that non-PC users don't have to convert everything, but I'm seriously considering only releasing PC versions while this bug gets sorted out.

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs