Reinstalled RS2014 and now DLC's will not show up.

ronniek

Question

I had to rebuild my computer and reinstall Steam and RS2014.   After the reinstall none of the CDLC content showed up.   I checked to see if the the   dll file was there that was required and it is.  I even downloaded both versions of it.   All of my CDLC content is still in the dlc folder.   I downloaded the newer .dll file and it did not change anything.   I do see a OS window pop up when I run RS2014 but it still does not see the CDLC content.   Finally, I tried using the rocksmith patcher file and that was a complete disaster.   It deleted my profile and RS could not see a lot of its own content..   So I just restored RS2014 from my backup.   I can see my original profile and all of the licensed content but no CDLC content.   So this is where I am at.   I will say that before I had to rebuild my PC everything worked perfectly.   Did Rocksmith change something to disable CDLC content?    Anyone have any ideas?  Also,  the .dll file is in the root directory for RS so that is not the problem.   Does it have to be in the dlc directory also?

4 answers to this question

Just a thought.... Do you still have Cherub Rock in the dlc folder (I'm assuming that this is the CDLC you previously purchased in order to get customs to work) ?

Perhaps try downloading it again from steam even if you still have it. Maybe RS somehow "forgot" that you purchased it previously. J

Just guessing, since CDLCs not showing up is usually the result of not having purchased an official CDLC or that you've purchased something other than Cherub Rock and didn't convert the CDLCs over to the Cherub Rock ID.

To answer your final question - No, you only need to have the .dll file in the root directory. If you're getting the OS command prompt when starting RS, than you probably have the correct configuration.

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

Thanks Magna Charter.   I do have the Cherub Rock  which I purchased in the dlc folder still and it works in RS.  

How would I download just Cherub Rock again?  Delete it?  Doesn't really make sense to me since it works.  

I am stumped  really.  As I said,  my configuration worked perfectly before I had to rebuild my system and re-install everything. 

One thought I had was to to just rename the dlc folder to olddlc and then reinstall rocksmith.   I assume then it would download all of my dlc files.  Then I could add some files from customsforge and see what happens. 

Is Cherub Rock listed in your Steam library under "DLC?" I know you've previously purchased it, but if it doesn't show up there, then steam might not be recognizing it as a purchase (for the moment), and therefore all of those custom songs in your \dlc folder (which use the Cherub Rock app ID) won't be recognized by Rocksmith.

Perhaps try following the instruction in the first comment on this Reddit thread (the topic itself doesn't 100% apply to your case, but the comment might help): http://www.reddit.com/r/rocksmith/comments/1yrxjv/dlc_not_showing_up_after_purchase/  

Temporarily moving the Cherub Rock .psarc to another folder and then refreshing the game cache could force steam to download it again. I'm thinking that'll do the trick, but I'm basically throwing stones at this point :)

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs