Time signature problem

KaioShinDE

Question

Hey all, thank you for this wonderful ressource.

I'm working on a CDLC right now and it went pretty well so far until I noticed that the tab import went screwy at some point. It worked perfectly for 5 minutes, but unfortunately it's a long song, so there are 4 more to consider T_T

I guess I'll show the passages that are making problems. The tab is correct, GP plays along the song perfectly.

http://puu.sh/e7A15/5d02275f91.png

The problem is beat 53. 

There is how it gets transfered into EoF:

http://puu.sh/e7AqV/b62f55f6f9.png

The notes are spaced way too far apart. This gets originally imported as 7/8 like the tab says, it says 14/16 because I thought it might have been the same problem as from this thread: http://customsforge.com/topic/14112-bpm-change-from-gpro-tab-to-eof/

But despite the program displaying 14/16 that passage plays just as fast as with 7/8 and the notes are still super far apart. If I double bpm 

How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

3 answers to this question

EOF doesn't change the length of beats based on time signature changes, you'd need to alter the beat map. Going from #/4 to #/8 should be as simple as selecting the beat at which the 7/8 time signature starts and using the "Beat>Double BPM" function. This works because the time signature change is saying that instead of a quarter note being one beat long, an eighth note is now one beat long (twice as fast). Then when the time signature changes back to 4/4, select the beat where that change occurs and use the "Beat>Halve BPM" function to reflect the change. Doubling the time signature (to 14/16) would have no effect on timing but would instead just change the beat/measure numbering in EOF.

I haven't used those functions in a long time so I'd forgotten they don't "auto adjust" the notes in the way the change BPM function does. They were added as a quick and easy way to alter tempo while leaving notes where they are, because Rock Band has restrictions about what tempo speeds can be used.