Some songs on Mac appear and then dissapear? Help?

garfoo

Question

Hey all - long time RS user but new to CDLC.  I have installed all the files and have had pretty good success playing CDLC but some songs don't show up ( I converted them from PC to Mac witht he development tool) 

Another thing that happens is a few songs internittantly will show up in the game and then when i add new songs will then not show up again.  Any ideas on why songs would appear and then dissapar in the program?  Some of them I have actually played through but on relaunch (especially after adding new content) they go AWOL.

Any ideas?

18 answers to this question

Sometimes it's just random "gremlins" that cause problems with the customs....

For converted songs that don't show up, try re-downloading and converting again (make sure you have the most current Toolkit) and/or re-applying the Cherub Rock AppID with the Toolkit.  If you bought something other than Cherub Rock, use the AppID for whatever official DLC you purchased.

For songs that sometimes show up and sometimes disappear, there are several possible causes.  One possible cause could be that you have other songs with the same song title or package id.  I think there is a list on the forum somewhere that has a list of conflicting songs.  You can verify by removing all of the cDLC except the one(s) that won't show up and see if that remedies the problem.  If it shows up, slowly add songs back to your dlc folder until you find something causing problems.

Another cause is that sometimes, especially with large amounts of cDLC in the folder, the game takes a while to enumerate the list completely.  Make sure you wait at the main menu for the "enumerating list" pop-up (top right corner) to disappear before you go into the Learn A Song menu.  Even then, sometimes it still takes a few extra moments for everything to show up.

Also make sure that all of the filenames in the dlc folder are proper.  They must end in "_m.psarc" with nothing except that at the end of the filename.  Sometimes Mac appends a "(2)" or "copy" or something similar to files with the same file name.

I've also noticed that when I play on my laptop anywhere where I don't have internet, and therefor run Steam in Offline mode, I have songs that don't show up in the list.  Even official songs and DLC.  I have no idea what might cause this, except that maybe the game can't verify the license.

I hope that helps...

Glad you got it figured out :)

Yeah, I usually add songs 3-5 at a time.  That way if there's a conflict it's easier to figure out what custom is causing it.

I've also started keeping a smaller amount of customs in my dlc folder at any one time.  I used to have about 340ish, but there were a bunch I wasn't playing and others that I simply just forgot I had because the list was so long, so I trimmed it down to about 100.  Rocksmith remembers your score and mastery level even when they're moved out of the folder so I just move them back and forth as I need to.

I find a "re-enumeration" often helps.  Start Rocksmith as you normally would and get all the way to the "Learn a Song Screen", then "escape" back up to the first screen and start from there again.  I do this as a matter of course when I'm playing these days.

Does your Mac have an SSD?  If so Rocksmith will be getting access to the files a lot quicker than it would off the HDD of the PS3, so you won't see the "enumerating" message.

Ok - so I still have the problem of songs dissapearing  - it always happens when you quit the game and then relaunch the program.  That's when it drops songs.  But if you add songs to the DLC folder they will come back.  I have noticed that if I copy and paste the entire list back into the DLC folder and then lanuch - all the CLDL will appear.  If youm quic, it may or may not drop some of the title on next launch but if you quit back out and do the copy/paste and relaunch, it will populate the whole list again.

Song list number is 71 songs.  Any ideas?

How are you quitting the game?  Are you hitting cmd-Q to quit, or are you using one of the two "official" ways to quit the game?  The official ways are to either go back to the main menu and hit the "X" in the top right corner, or hit escape from the main menu and then again from the start menu.

And are you running Steam in normal online mode, or in offline mode?

Also, just to confirm, are the cDLC's that are disappearing in the game still in the dlc folder before you re-copy the entire folder?

Hey Wepeel - some answers to your questiuons -

I am running steam on-line - not offline.  I am connected to the net when I run RS.  I always run steam first and the RS Injector.

I am not yet signed up to a U-Play account - I don't know if that is a factor.

As for quitting the game, I was doing command Q but it was crashing on exit.  I strted running RS in a window and would quit using the ap tray at the bottom - it was 50/50 an quit successfully vs crash.  I tried the X in the upper right corner but it does nothing - just clicks.  However - ESC and then ESC is new to me and seems to work so I will test that.

As for CDLC dissapearing - it doesn't leave the HD - just the sledtion portion of RS in Leanr a Song.

That's just the pc version of the dlc.  It shouldn't make any difference whether you delete it or not.  I'm pretty sure I had deleted it as well when I first installed the game.  Any time you buy official DLC Steam downloads both the PC and Mac versions.

I get a crash pop-up almost every time I quit RS, regardless of how I do it.  It's never been a problem.

The most important thing to make sure of is that you let the game finish auto-saving before quitting.  It auto-saves every time you return to the main menu, no matter what you were doing.  You can tell when it's doing it because a little reel-to-reel tape machine pops up in the middle of the screen on the right side.

Have you tried removing all cDLC and launching the game without any customs, quitting, and then adding them back in?  That will force the game to re-enumerate the list without any customs and then to do it again with the customs added back.

Maybe also try just adding customs that you know aren't showing up (or randomly disappearing) without anything else.  You might have a bad custom or some kind of conflict.

Yeah - I think it has to be some sort of CDLC conflict or a bad one.  Thing is I'll just have to keep refreshing the songs I want to play until I find that one that isn't working.  I just crave perfect order where I can have all the CDLC at my disposal but hety - I am playing songs I have been DYING to play on this thing since the first RS so it's a small price to play.

Is there any tool or quick method to verify CDLC or is it a put it in and see if it works deal?  I remember MAME had a tool to check validity.