EoF mp3 support

Megadeth_600

Question

I cannot add mp3 support in EoF. It tells me to install Lame and Vorbis Tools fo rmp3 playback. Using EoF 1.8rc10 (1359 hotfix) on Windows 7 64 bit.

I have converted my mp3 to .ogg, but when I try to add leading silence, I get an error 6 when EoF tries to re-encode it.

Any help would be appreciated as I would like to contribute some songs.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

8 answers to this question

Somebody posted a similar question on EOF's bug tracker recently, but I don't know if that was you. The same response applies here though:

Please specify how you're getting EOF. If you're using one of the pre-built packages I post, it includes the LAME and oggenc2 executables already. If you're building from source the bottom section of the Windows build tutorial has links to those binaries:

https://code.google.com/p/editor-on-fire/wiki/Building_EOF_in_Windows

I download EoF from here, with the most current hotfix. I found those in a thread you created.

LAME is included, as are the ogg files you specified. When I click on them, I get a window with DOS text that pops up for half a second. I cannot read what is written as it disappears too quickly. I would assume it is an error because even by clicking on the executables, I still get no MP3 support.

I did not put any files in c:program files x86 as it is not recommended. I did try it for fun, and all I get is an error.

Is it possible Windows 64 bit can cause issues?

I don't think 64 bit Windows is a problem, I develop EOF on a computer running a 64 bit version. Those executables are used by EOF as command line programs, they won't really work if you just double click on them. If you can go to a command line, change the current directory to the EOF folder (type cd [path] where [path] is the full path to the folder containing EOF.exe, you can copy the path to the clipboard, right click and paste it into the command line if you want) and hit enter. Then try these:

lame -S check.wav

oggenc2 -h

The first command converts the test wav file to an MP3, if check.mp3 is created, LAME is working. If the help output from oggenc2 is shown, it's probably working.

There's something strange going on with your setup. Are you opening eof.exe directly, or with a shortcut? Anything unusual like running EOF from Windows using any kind of emulation? If you right click on the EOF executable and tell it to run as administrator (you will be prompted whether nor not to allow the program to "make changes to the computer", basically allowing it to have administrator access), is it still unable to detect that LAME and oggenc2 are present?

There is something strange. I had tried in the past to click the shortcut, then the executable directly in the folder. I had also tried by right clicking as admin on both executables. It never worked. Yesterday I ran through DOS prompt as you indicated, and since then, if I just click my shortcut, I no longer receive the LAME error....

Seems like all is ok on that front. I still have to load LAME through DOS or I get an error when I load my mp3. It makes me load the song, choose the frequency, and from there it should generate my song. Instead, it makes me choose my song a second time  and I get an unsupported OGG file message.

Thanks for you time and help. It is much appreciated!