davibeast

Question

i created this app for everyone need to organise him cdlc.

Is a very easy app, just click load cdlc folder (select the folder like download where cdlcs are not organised) then click load rocksmith dlc (select dlc folder inside rocksmith14 installation path)

click compare (app will auto-check the dlc you have download which are not present inside dlc folder) then click copy.

if you select the wrong folder press X near the folder u want to unload or app will crash

download link: http://www.rockparadise.it/songs/SongsManager.rar

pls report anything, i tested a lot but im not sure at all

if you liked this release pls say thank ^^

• Like 2

Take a look of my release: http://search.customsforge.com/?u=davibeast

Religion is what makes you blind (Cit. Amon Amarth)

9 answers to this question

Can you give some explanation about how I should organize my DLC in order to have use for this program?

If I understand correctly, at the moment this tool 'only' syncs two folders.

I do have a second folder with CDLC, but there I only keep e.g. older versions or the non-DD-originals, when I added DD myself.

This tool might be useful for a backup of your CDLC collection (which is normaly lost if you uninstall rocksmith), but I use the windows built-in backup for that.

The tool would be useful for me, if it could just move a CDLC file from my default firefox download folder to my Rocksmith2014/dlc folder and delete any older version of the same song, if present (or move the older version to the second CDLC folder I mentioned). This would save me some clicks!

... maybe I was wrong and it is supposed not only to copy, but to move the files only in one direction? I tried to test it, but it won't work for me:

When I choose my normal download folder on the left side and hit refresh, the file names are "cut off" (e.g. I only see "se Rock_p.psarc" where it should be "Jailhouse Rock_p.psarc"). It doesn't seem to be a specific number of characters, though...  in the DLC folder all names begin with "014\dlc\Jailhouse Rock_p.psarc".

When I hit copy I get an error that the file is not found (which makes sense because it tries to copy the file ".../Downloads/se Rock_p.psarc" which does not exist)

It even gets more weird: When I try to copy from a folder with a longer path name, the problem is the same, with the only difference that the displayed file name is longer as well.

So it seems like the folder paths are cut off after a certain amount of characters, and only the remaining string is shown!

Also it would be good if the program would remember my path choices! I will prefer moving the files manualy, if I have to set the Rocksmith path everytime I want to copy some files ;-)

By the way: Isn't the CustomsForge team working on some sort of CDLC manager as well? http://customsforge.com/topic/9977-progress/

Unleashed didn't specify the abilites of that program, though...

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

As i promised here is v2:

http://www.rockparadise.it/songs/SongsManager_v2.rar

Changelog:

- Fixed issue with substring, now you can use folder with different path from mine ^^

- Added as requested Move button (You have to refresh the list with Refresh button to see change)

- Minor code bug fix :P

Thanks to everybody who tried it out

Leave a comment with suggest or bug i will correct asap or just if you liked this app lemme know :)

404 URL not found ;-)

What do you think about the idea to delete older versions in the DLC folder, if they exist?

For this, you should try to compare the song information and version number that is stored inside the psarc, because the actual file names always have a different apperance.

Is that possible?

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

I'm sorry, but now nothing works anymore!

Regardless of with folder I try to load, no CDLC show up. When I then hit refresh, I get an error like

"Unexpected exeption in the application [...] Start Index must not be smaller than zero"

Plus: The line break in the button

Refres

h

is always bugging me^^

http://www.rockparadise.it/songs/SongsManager_v3.rar

Changelog:

- Fixed bug with lastindex method, now it loads folder without problem

- Update style (windows is resizable, not working well)

- Move now works correct, if a file already exists, file is deleted

- Check button improved, now it cheks everything

- Minor code bug fixing

Dude, you're kidding me!

Not Found

The requested URL /songs/SongsManager_v3.rar was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Btw: Don't put too much effort into this program, it seems like an official manager will soon begin being develped:

http://customsforge.com/topic/11788-the-customsforge-desktop-app-how-would-you-like-it-to-look/