Welcome to CustomsForge Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Announcements:

We need to hit our donation goal asap! click here to donate. Any Amount helps!

Join us on Discord | Facebook | Twitter | Patreon | Merch | Volunteer | Newsletter Issue 9 (July)

Photo

.gpx import support

- - - - - .GPX Guitar Pro 6 Double Dot Import sync GP5 .GP5 GPX

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Offline   Ardalista

Ardalista

Master Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • 138 thanks

Steam Profile

Hi,

Just wondering if you might consider adding GPX for the import option in EoF

I have been working on some songs that have double dotted rests and notes but when exporting from GP6 to GP5 format I loose the double dots which throws things out of sync here and there when I import the file into EoF.

Or can anyone offer a workaround that I can use to substitute the double dots within GP6 so everything is in the right place when exported to GP5 format?  

Offline   BeZi

BeZi

Master Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • 23 thanks

How about converting gpx to gp5 in tuxguitar?

Ya should find somewhere around the web plugin to open gpx in tuxguitar.

It has no problems with converting from gpx to gp5 (or any other gp_)

I'm looking for tones to my CDLCs...

My Workshop

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,877 posts
  • 763 thanks
It doesn't look like GP5 supports a double dotted notation, it just offers a single dotted note status that is toggled on/off. As for GPX support, not only is the entire format different, it is also using a compression scheme. Adding support for this would take me way too much time, especially since most of the notation will convert to GP5 using programs like GP6 or TuxGuitar.

Offline   darrko1984

darrko1984

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • 26 thanks

I noticed that repeats from gpx files add 1 or more time when converted in tux to gp5, that's when there is more than 2 repeats. That happend one or 2 times to me, but not always.

Offline   raynebc

raynebc

Guitar God

• Rocksmith Custom Developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,877 posts
  • 763 thanks
If you have a tab file that imports incorrectly, it may be worth opening a bug about it: https://sourceforge....tuxguitar/bugs/

Offline   darrko1984

darrko1984

Expert Guitarist

• PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • 26 thanks

I have already forgot what tab i was using when that happened, i thought that this was normal because of unofficial plugin for gpx to gp5 converter. If i come across it again i'll report. There was also some other errors that came after conversion.

Offline   jcobreti

jcobreti

Touring Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts
  • 26 thanks

You can use this WEB:

http://www.webtabpla...vert-gpx-to-gp5

100% free

Offline   Ardalista

Ardalista

Master Guitarist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • 138 thanks

Steam Profile

No need I have a paid copy of GP6 and I can export direct to gp5 the issue is Gp5 files lack support for certain notation so I have to go and edit gp5 output and substitute the parts the gpx file has that the gp5 file cannot support.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk