Welcome to CustomsForge Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Learn & Play Rocksmith!

Want to play the songs you love? Registration and the use of this website is 100% free.
The only thing you need is a legal copy of Rocksmith 2014 w/ a cable. Click here to buy it.

Having trouble logging in or registering? Please click "Support" below.

Announcements:

Our donation goal is only $404 out of $900! We risk losing access to our developer tools and server suspension if do not reach our goal by the 30th. click here to donate. Any Amount helps!

Join us on Discord | Facebook | Twitter | Patreon | Merch | Volunteer | Newsletter Issue 7 (May)

Photo

Slide after sustain (GP tie note)

- - - - - EOF slide sustain guitar pro

Best Answer albatross213, 21 December 2015 - 12:07 PM

What happens for the second slide (5/12) seems to be close to what you want. The "linknext" (Shift+N) status on the first 5 means that the second 5 won't have a notehead and the sustain tails will smoothly join. If the 12 is meant to be picked again (not sure if it is or not based on the waveform), then you don't want a linknext on the note with the actual slide (as it is at the moment), but in other cases you might want a linknext there as well.

Similarly for the slide down, linknext on the first double stop should do it.

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Offline   Fusionpolis

Fusionpolis

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 49 posts
  • 4 thanks

Is it possible to author a slide after a sustain in EOF using GP tie notes?

I have this Guitar Pro tab:

HWW9w4i.png

As shown in the notation, I want to sustain the double stop 5xx6

for a sixteenth, then slide to 12xx13 during the course of an eighth, play that double stop, then sustain again. It's a 'Shift Slide', not a 'Legato Slide'.

However, when I import the tab into EOF, I get this:

jIM0qlm.png

As you can see, EOF seems to have read the tie notes as actual played notes, which I don't want.

Could anyone help out? This issue has been bothering me for quite some time. Thanks.

Offline   albatross213

albatross213

Guitar God

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,786 posts
  • 441 thanks

Donator

✓  Best Answer

What happens for the second slide (5/12) seems to be close to what you want. The "linknext" (Shift+N) status on the first 5 means that the second 5 won't have a notehead and the sustain tails will smoothly join. If the 12 is meant to be picked again (not sure if it is or not based on the waveform), then you don't want a linknext on the note with the actual slide (as it is at the moment), but in other cases you might want a linknext there as well.

Similarly for the slide down, linknext on the first double stop should do it.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Thanked by 1 Member:

Offline   Fusionpolis

Fusionpolis

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 49 posts
  • 4 thanks

Oh, is that what the arrow beside the /12 means? I'll try it in RS and see if it fits.

Offline   Fusionpolis

Fusionpolis

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 49 posts
  • 4 thanks

Actually, it maybe you could listen to the song itself? It'd probably be faster: it's the bassline from 'Magic' by Coldplay, and the bass is clear at the beginning of the song. The riff is just a few seconds long.

https://youtu.be/Qtb11P1FWnc?t=29s

Thanks again for your help.

Offline   Fusionpolis

Fusionpolis

Beginner Guitarist

• Pip
  • 49 posts
  • 4 thanks

Scratch that, I just tested it in RS and it's exactly what I want; I just updated my EOF and I didn't know it could do that now. Well, lesson learned: always test in RS before posting! Thanks for the heads up about 'linknext'.