Anyone able to assit with some knowledge on broken song repair

hey all,

I havent used rocksmith in a long time and just started to get back into it.... Im having a hard time remembering how to change the DLC Key.  The song Caravan by Rush has the same DLC key as Sweet pee by System of a Down and therefore they glitch when tried to be played (atleast I think thats why.  How do I cvhange the DLC key?

Secondly, I few songs (Iris and Top by Live) just get kicked out of custom forge one it loads and checks files.  How do I figure out what needs to be repaired?

Lastly, Once I fix these bugs, can I repost for the community as long as I give the original author credit?

Thanks for any advice,

Chad

2 hours ago, Cbouty said:

hey all,

I havent used rocksmith in a long time and just started to get back into it.... Im having a hard time remembering how to change the DLC Key.  The song Caravan by Rush has the same DLC key as Sweet pee by System of a Down and therefore they glitch when tried to be played (atleast I think thats why.  How do I cvhange the DLC key?

To change the DLC key for a song in CFSM, right click on the song and select "Edit Song Information".

Secondly, I few songs (Iris and Top by Live) just get kicked out of custom forge one it loads and checks files.  How do I figure out what needs to be repaired?

I'm not sure I completely understand your question. Are you trying to play these songs in Rocksmith or upload them to CustomsForge?

Lastly, Once I fix these bugs, can I repost for the community as long as I give the original author credit?

Generally, if the charter isn't around anymore to fix issues that a lot of the older charts have (or the chart is no longer available on CF); then I would see no problem with uploading the chart and crediting the original creator. However, if you're just using the repair function of CFSM and then uploading it, I wouldn't see a point as anyone can do that with CFSM.

If you're importing the files into EOF and rebuilding the chart making note/notation/anchor/sync issues, that's another story. Again, I wouldn't see an issue with that, and crediting the original creator should be fine.

It is, however, recommended that you try to contact the original creator and have them update the chart if you can. If they no longer use CF or do not respond, then there's nothing really stopping you from posting the updated chart.

• Like 1

I'll own you one day. 💜

Custom Shop Solo II.png

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy