EOF on M1 / M2 Mac via Parallels

palms46

Kind of a specific question, but has anyone had success running EOF on an M1 or M2 Mac via Windows (Parallels or Boot Camp)? Unless something has changed, my understanding is that the current Mac EOF build isn't compatible with 64 Bit OSX and likely never will be. My 2015 MacBook Air (Mojave) generally works fine for what I need it to do, but I will need to upgrade to current generation hardware at some point. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hi palms46, did have any success with this?  I am attempting to try EOF on my Mac M1 with Parallels . I am having some initial errors, like EOF cannot load an mp3 even though Lame is installed. But EOF loads.

No luck here as I’m still on a 2015 Air without access to an M1 / M2 machine. Happy to hear EOF at least loads, but I’m not saavy enough to offer any troubleshooting advice. If you’re ever able to get it working, please be sure to share the results. 

• 1 month later...

I didn't ever get to give it a try...decided to build a PC for other reasons so now any charting I do is on a Windows machine. Hopefully someone smarter than me will eventually figure out if it's at all possible to successfully use EOF via Parallels on a M1/M2 Mac. Best of luck!