My first project - C&C needed

Animus

I finally found some time to learn the process of creating CDLC and for my first attempt I transposed Tomorrow's Bad Seeds - Uplift from a tab on Ultimate-Guitar

I have only been playing guitar for a couple of years and not sure about the tab so feedback on that would be great. I find the solo seems like it has too many notes.

But also I went through and set the phrases a bunch of times and at first it worked I had Intro->Verse->Chorus->Post-Chorus->Verse->Chorus->Outro but now there are only 3 phrases and all the hand positions have moved around. I have tried to adjust but they stay the same. Anyone know why that happens?

Check it out I love the song and thinks it great beginner song to learn and groovy reggae style from an unsung band

Let me know your thoughts

Tomorrows-Bad-Seeds_Uplift_v1_p_.psarc

Fun song and nice start.

The biggest issue right now is that the lead guitar lines are out a little out of sync at places. Not whole sections but usually a few individual notes here and there. It almost feels like there are some missing notes which is a possibility but I would focus on syncing them properly first. The general trend for that is it happens more near the end of the phrase but not always.

Once you get that resolved I think this could really benefit of having a second tone because the rhythm part is being drowned out by the tone and honestly all I can pick out is that second muted rhythm guitar and it feels like I should be playing those since I cant hear the other ones. Also don't forget to run your audio through Orban software as demonstrated in the tutorials so you can get audio levels relative to your tone. You can always tweak from there but it should get you in a good spot so its not overpowering the music.

Then finally, for the phrases you actually want to set them as sections with SHIFT-S. You can place the phrases at the same time as the section or afterwards or simply let them be auto generated from the sections you have added. For the fret hand positions you can press CTRL-SHIFT-F to delete and then regenerate them. If you are doing custom ones by hand I would wait until everything is perfect before doing them as a final pass.