Learn with rocksmith?

Ypeka

Question

Hi everyone,

just bought the game and a new guitar (pacifica), I already played guitare like 6 years ago, I never really started to play, just played some pieces of music I like. So my question is simple: can we really learn to play guitar with rocksmith? Need I learn chords (G, D, D7...) or just playing and nothing else?

Someone started to 0 skill and now you are really good at guitare?

Oh and I played a LOOOOT at guitar hero, should help me?

Thanks

1 answer to this question

I'm not claiming to be an expert player, but I learned Bass exclusively from Rocksmith starting a little over a year ago. I can now sightread most bass charts at 95-99% or better. I was also a Guitar Hero/Rock Band Player and I found that those skills definitely carried over in regards to being able to sightread charts and figure out timing. It still takes a lot of practice though (Steam says I have 715 hours on record). It is defintely not magic, but I firmly believe it's a very good starting point. Plus it's fun and there's a huge variety of music and creators here on Customsforge. Good Luck!

• Like 1

Started playing Bass with Rocksmith April 2019