RS2014 Tones not loading

Buckeyefrank100

Question

So i bought a new laptop with windows 10 and installed Steam and Rcoksmith 2014 onto it.  I was able to download the files i need and some CDLC so I have no problems there.  When I used to play the game on my old desktop PC, it ran with no problems and was very stable. 

The game is acting funny on my new laptop.  When I first open the game, everything is fine.  After 2-3 songs, the tone will go to a completely clean tone and not change out of it.  I cannot even change the tone via my saved tones.  I even went into the Tone Creator and the program works; however, the tone doesn't change no matter what I do.   Then I try and exit out and the program locks up.  

Please help.  I have no idea what to do.  I haven't experience this on my previous desktop or on xbox 360 either.

Thanks/Buckeyefrank100

2 answers to this question

Had this problem as well, only when streaming on Twitch. I think it is some kind of 'lack' of RAM that delays tone changes that make it crash to a dead tone. Without streaming, my pc has enough power to not have this problem at all. So my advice would be to stop all background applications that might be running and lower your settings.