Newbie question: Fingerprint zones?

airforbes1

Hi, I'm kind of new here.

I've had Rocksmith for 360, pretty much since it came out.  I just got a mini PC so I could get customs.

I haven't created a custom yet, but will try my hand out with something easy.

However, there are a few customs that are out there that I'd like to tweak a little bit, for myself (and possibly share if anyone is interested and the original creator doesn't mind).

My first question, of many to come:

I have seen how to add arpeggios to a string of notes, but how do you add "fingerprint zones" if you don't want to do an arpeggio pane?

It seems that the developers sometimes just use this instead of arpeggio windows if it would make the song look too busy.  My Name is Jonas and House of the Rising Sun are two examples of this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/rocksmith/comments/1vszg7/why_not_use_arpeggio_notation_for_my_name_is_jonas/

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I haven't really played around with EoF yet, so I don't know what's possible.

Thanks.

Hi, I'm kind of new here.

I've had Rocksmith for 360, pretty much since it came out.  I just got a mini PC so I could get customs.

I haven't created a custom yet, but will try my hand out with something easy.

However, there are a few customs that are out there that I'd like to tweak a little bit, for myself (and possibly share if anyone is interested and the original creator doesn't mind).

My first question, of many to come:

I have seen how to add arpeggios to a string of notes, but how do you add "fingerprint zones" if you don't want to do an arpeggio pane?

It seems that the developers sometimes just use this instead of arpeggio windows if it would make the song look too busy.  My Name is Jonas and House of the Rising Sun are two examples of this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/rocksmith/comments/1vszg7/why_not_use_arpeggio_notation_for_my_name_is_jonas/

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I haven't really played around with EoF yet, so I don't know what's possible.

Thanks.

Handshapes.  Select the range of notes and press CTRL+SHIFT_H.

More specifically:

Using EOF click the first note you want in the "fingerprint zone"

hold shift

click the last note you want in the "fingerprint zone"

let go of shift

Now the notes are selected.

Press CTRL+SHIFT_H

You'll see the range of notes get highlighted.

Click the first note and press F

define the handshape the way you want it.

• Like 1

Another thing:

In the video you posted the bright blue highway lines extend past the last note of each handshape a little bit.  If you want to do this (most think it's insignificant) extend the length of the last note by selecting it and mouse scroll up (or press "]").  Set the handshape with CTRL+SHFT+H, then mouse scroll down (or press "[") to return the note to normal.

If you are just starting out read these tutorials: http://customsforge.com/topic/5577-tutorial-list/

(except for the FULL IN-DEPTH TUT one; it's outdated)

This one covers the more complex things you might get stuck on, but don't worry if you don't understand it at first.

http://customsforge.com/topic/890-tech-notes-tutorial-authoring-complex-bends-and-more/

• Like 1