1.2.7.9 - Corruting Cache.psarc after latest December RS14 Patch

kring

I've found that song Pack doesn't work for the new cache.psarc. it corrupts the file and crashes the game. I've verified filed integrity and pulled down again from steam, but each time I run it the same thing happens.

It's damaging something to do with the new feature to use a mic instead of the cable. you can instantly tell as soon as you get into the game the icon of which path you are using is incorrect, it's missing the sub-icon for cable/mic.  and if you hit CTRL to change paths the game instantly crashes.

Let me know if you need anything to help troublshoot or logs...  CFSM doesn't report any errors when run on the cache.psarc.

• Developer

I'm sorry for reporting this late after the report, but have you used the feature before the last update came out?

Icons are stored in cache.psarc, which once extracted by CFSM, isn't extracted again, unless you delete CFSM folder in "My Documents" folder, so if you have used it, it most likely used the existing copy (which doesn't contain the new icons), so that's where it goes wrong.

So you should try to delete SongPacks folder in My Documents/CFSM folder and try again. Please report back!

That looks like it worked, I just did a quick check and I'm not getting the crashes. I'll mess a little more tonight to confirm.

Oh and yes, I had used it a bunch previously, my favorite feature to hide all the songs I don't bother with.