re-edit a cdlc

wolf10851

Question

is there a way to re-edit a CDLC or would you have to start from fresh?  There are a couple of songs that I have learned alternate fingering for but then when I am playing them with the different fingering it is screwing me up!  I know in the long run if I learn both of the fingering patterns it would make me a better player but it is frusterating as hell right now. 

I have read the threads on creating a CDLC however once it is packaged all up in the parsc file I can't figure out a way to unpackage them. 

Another advantage to being able to unpackage them is for a difficult riff I could actually see all the notes and figure them out at slow speeds and my own pace before attempting them at full speed.

Any help would be appreciated!

1 answer to this question

Use the Toolkit's Unpack/Pack tab. Once you've done that, you'll have the files you need to re-start the project following the tutorial.

You'll be able to specify your own fingering in EOF. You'll also be able to break the song down into as many sections as you want.

In my opinion, ALL customs should be broken down into sections of no more than 4 measures each (even less for really difficult parts).

It's really easy to combine sections in the Riff Repeater, but we can't break them into smaller sections.