Adding default fingering

mbanks850

Is there a way to add default fingering.   The band I have been doing a lot of CDLC for uses a 1-4-3 chord a lot.    Or just a 1-4 double stop.   

So on the 5th fret it would be 5(e)-8(a)-7(d)  or 5(e)-8(a).

Is it possible to add global fingering , so any DLC I do will know that this is fingered with 1.4,3, or just 1,4?    Whether this is added to the code, or something I can do in my copy doesnt matter to me.

You can try editing the chordshapes.xml file in EOF's program folder. I'm feeling lazy, so here's a copy/paste description:

These definitions have the same formatting as chord templates in Rocksmith style XML files (so you can copy them from a chart's XML file if you don't want to type them by hand), where finger0 through finger5 define which finger is used to fret each string (0 being the thickest string), and fret0 through fret5 define which fret is played on each string. A name can also be given for each, such as to indicate that it is a D chord shape, but EOF doesn't currently use the names. You can add, edit and remove the definitions as much as you want, but EOF only loads these definitions when the program is started, so you may need to save, close and re-open EOF to use any definition changes you've made. During project save, if any chords don't have their fingering manually defined, it will try to match the chord shape against the definitions and if it finds one, automatically exports it with the corresponding fingering. The shape definition doesn't have to be defined on any specific string or fret position, so a D shape can be matched anywhere on the guitar neck without being defined more than once. If the same exact shape happens to be defined more than once (with different fingerings), such as an A shape played as a barre and an A shape played with three fingers, the first definition in the file is automatically used.