Anyone willing to give advice or collaborate a little bit on some Japanese-related CDLC?

polaris

Sorry if this isn't the correct area for this. I figured you guys might be more interested compared to the standard forum user since we're here because of a shared interested in Japanese rock music.

Alright, so I recently started messing with making my own CDLC and to be honest, it's kind of a pain to get it perfect. I'm kind of a perfectionist so I want to include all possible parts, lyrics, custom tones, etc, but I honestly don't have the time or patience to go through all of that it seems. I do, however, have a bunch of scorebooks (just bought more last week and I'm expecting even more from a friend sometime this month hopefully), and I usually at least tab out the stuff I'm learning in Guitar Pro as I'm learning it.

For example, the song I most recently tabbed out as practice for learning how to create CDLC was Galileo Galilei's Aoi Shiori (I'm not really into anime, but some people might know it as the opening song to Anohana/"Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai").

I haven't put this on the CDLC list yet but I'm uploading what I have done for you guys if you're interested in trying it out and giving feedback: http://www.mediafire.com/download/4f0hre37xve8bfw/Galileo-Galilei_Aoi-Shiori_v1_p.psarc(Old build, needs to be updated eventually)

Even in its current state it seems much more complete and accurate than the current CDLC for Aoi Shiori that's available for download.

It has the lead guitar, rhythm guitar, and bass. I have the full score for this song which also includes drums, keyboard, and vocal scores, but I only did the guitar and bass parts.

One thing that's missing from this is the guitar 3 and guitar 4 parts, which play a big part in the second half of the song. In particular, both guitar 3 and guitar 4 have a reverse effect the entire time. The other things that are missing are the lyrics and the chord names (although that's not too important I suppose), and also DD I guess.

Here's the GPX if someone else wants to check it out: http://www.mediafire.com/download/dwrd6da9c2ctt7v/%E9%9D%92%E3%81%84%E6%A0%9E.gpx

For reference, everything from bar 59 until the end for guitar part 3 and 4 should be reversed.

So, some questions:

1) I'm still a beginner when it comes to this CDLC stuff, but in order to add the alternative arrangements, would I need to make a new chart in EoF and import the .xmls for the alternative arrangements into the Rocksmith Toolkit program? Or is there a way to add more real guitar arrangements to the same .eof file?

2) Are there any easy applications I can use to generate a lyric file that works based on bars (such as how you would fill it out in Guitar Pro) instead of miliseconds so that I could just easily copy the lyrics at the precise timing that is in the scorebook? If not then I suppose it wouldn't be that big of a deal to use one of the programs like I've seen recommended on the forum.

3) Is a full reverse effect even possible as a custom tone in Rocksmith?

Alternatively, if someone wants to collaborate with me and flesh it out then I'd be cool with that too. Custom tones that match the original song in particular would be very helpful.

• Like 1

So, some questions:

1) I'm still a beginner when it comes to this CDLC stuff, but in order to add the alternative arrangements, would I need to make a new chart in EoF and import the .xmls for the alternative arrangements into the Rocksmith Toolkit program? Or is there a way to add more real guitar arrangements to the same .eof file?

2) Are there any easy applications I can use to generate a lyric file that works based on bars (such as how you would fill it out in Guitar Pro) instead of miliseconds so that I could just easily copy the lyrics at the precise timing that is in the scorebook? If not then I suppose it wouldn't be that big of a deal to use one of the programs like I've seen recommended on the forum.

3) Is a full reverse effect even possible as a custom tone in Rocksmith?

Might be better to ask some of these questions in a more general area so you can get feedback from some of the insanely experienced charters, but I'll give a go at some of the questions.

1) You can usually cheat in an additional guitar arrangement using one of the bass tracks and converting it to a guitar when you import. I think that's usually the only "extra" track that you can import GP files into, so that doesn't get you the two tracks that you want.

On some of my songs I've made alternative arrangements that have greater sectioning. For those I made a subfolder of the EoF folder that I have for the project, save the EoF file into there, and then add the new sections. You could do something similar for the guitar tracks.

I guess my last related comment would be about whether it's possible to condense the four guitar tracks down to two or three. Are they actually all simultaneously doing different things in such a way that it's impossible to condense them down (I've downloaded the GP file, but I'm having problems opening it, perhaps because it's GPX and I'm using TuxGuitar)? There are lots of GP files that separate guitar out to 4 or more tracks when there are two guitarists, though it's almost always possible to have almost everything done in two tracks.

2) I don't know for sure. If you aren't confident about doing the timing thing in UltraStarCreator or whatever, you can probably just get the lyrics copied in using it by just hitting the spacebar a bunch (a quick way of getting all the lyrics into EoF in the right way, though not at the right place) and then placing them based on the score (they drag and grid-lock just like notes). But it's probably quickest to try to get it somewhat close to correct when using USC, then use the score/audio to fine tune things.

3) Don't know. I'd look at other songs that have reverse effects and see if they've been able to do it successfully.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Thanks for the response.

1) I was hoping there was some better method, but it was as I suspected then. Thanks for confirming that. If I can get a reverse effect going then I'll include those parts, but if not then I won't I guess. They really don't sound right at all (I didn't even release that it was guitars and not a synth until I looked at score) without the reverse effect.

2) Thanks for the tip! I'll give it a shot.

3) I'll ask about reverse effects on the public forum later once I'm ready for that part then. Do you happen to know of any songs off the top of your head that I could look at?

3) I'll ask about reverse effects on the public forum later once I'm ready for that part then. Do you happen to know of any songs off the top of your head that I could look at?

I believe it's used on Jimi Hendrix's "Castles Made of Sand", which is an official DLC, so hopefully it's done there, and done reasonably well (or at least as well as can be done in Rocksmith). I think those might have been released too late to be in the big official tones pack that's somewhere on here (I can find the link if you need it).

There's also the solo of "GIve it Away" by RHCP, but comments on that thread suggest the solo tone is missing the effect.

Past that, I don't really know. I'm not a guitarist, so my knowledge of effects is pretty slim. Might be some Beatles songs or something with it.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

hey:)

about 1 ye,since rocksmith only have lead and rhythm guitars there are only 2 "real guitar" any other guitar you can only add as bonus(you can decide as bonus lead or rhythm tho)

as mentioned you can use bass track or what i do is use the same tracks of lead/rhythm but when you have to save use 'save as' and put it in a sub folder so you dont overwrite your main tracks.

Making lyrics for japanese music is really time consuming i did it on my 1st customs but then i got lazy + ppl dont really care coz they intrested more in the guitar/bass parts:)

anyway im not sure about other ways than ultra star but that program really does very little of the job if you are looking for the perfect lyrics

somthing like this took me 3-4 hours probably

as you can see on the video the way i did the english words is 1 way of doing it but on the jap words i did extra work and they became blue every syllable.

so cutting words in the right place and keeping them blue to be same as vocals is alot of time,ultrastar wont make your lyrics blue and wont cut your words aswell- that has to be done in EOF.

if you dont know wtf im talking about check this :)http://customsforge.com/topic/11210-lyric-tutorial/

about FX sorry but im not good at this:P

oh and i wanted to say about the song you are working i tried to see how big is the role of guitar 3 and 4 and if can it be mixed with 1 or 2 like i do somtimes~

well after listening few times to the song i think in my opinion that guitar 1 and 2 can hold the whole song,3&4 dont sound too much like a guitar but rather like a background synth and i guess thats why i could skip making track for them,like,i think i would maybe put few parts of 3 or 4 on the empty space of 1 or 2 but thats me:D

its your choice if you want to chart synth parts aswell,i usualy dont:)

when i see more than 2 guitar parts on the GP file im usualy like- dem,gotta check the live vid now to see what they actualy play and not all the stuff they added on the studio:P i try to avoid making more than 2 guitar parts when i know there are only 2 guitarists/guitars so i go check the live video if there is or try to to hear what s the main thing i hear on the song and thats what i add to my CDLC and that probably what i wanna play/ppl wanna play:)

hope i helped sorry for the long post:P

GazeRock Is Not Dead! 

Not sure if this helps, but you could use a live approach to the 4 guitars issue, as in adding them to lead/rhythm guitars. It might work considering that some score books leave huge gaps in between when they have more than 2 guitars (i personally hate those blank spaces when you have nothing to play).