Are there any videos of people playing without Rocksmith?

pokerbarlo

Question

Hi are there any videos of people playing on just a plain amp after years of Rocksmith I'm curious because I want to see some playing outside of the game.... I want to know I the game will make us dependent on it or will we learn how to play outside of it. Because I want to join a band soon.

Looking for a guitar and bass mentor one of each

3 answers to this question

• Administrator

I have some song that i've made without the help of Rocksmith on my soundcloud account and i already did one concert and i've only used Rocksmith to learn how to play guitar.

https://soundcloud.com/firekorn-1/red-hot-chili-peppers-californication-cover

https://soundcloud.com/firekorn-1/evanescence-bring-me-to-life-cover

It's up to you to detach yourself of Rocksmith and to try to play outside of it.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

@@firekorn wow good job how many years have you been playing? Any advice on how to transition from the game to the real world? Did you watch any other videos lessons or just youtube? Did you add music theory to your leanings to create songs? If you had advice to yourself back when you started how would you practice and which parts would you focus on to progress faster?

Looking for a guitar and bass mentor one of each

• Administrator

I've started with Rocksmith 1 the week it came out in Europe so it's a bit less than 3 years.

I've never really watched any other lessons on youtube or any site because i didn't find any motivation to do so but i did learn musical theory for 9 years and played trombone for approx 10 years but it's not what's help creating songs to be honest, music theory just gives you a vocabulary and some idea of why it will sounds good but finding new riffs is available for everyone even if you don't know even a bit of theory.

The big things that makes me play outside of rocksmith is the fact that is serve a purpose bigger than jsut playing guitar, creating and making cover allow me to work on my mastering/recording and playing in a band is kinda the ultimate experience but it also involves things that rocksmith will never touch you which is listening to the others and forces you to be humble of your skill too, you can't allow yourself to fucked up too much.

The transition between rocksmith and the real world can be smooth if you go a bit into session mode or even use the master mode in score attack on 1 or 2 songs that you know you can play to force yourself to use audio cues from the band to know where you are and when to do the transition for exemple. It forces you to pay attention to something else than the highway of Rocksmith that you won't have anyway in real life.

If you start to consider rocksmith as a tablature more than a scoring game, you're heading in the good direction because it is just a tablature :)

• Like 4

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity