A friend bought be RS 2014 on steam and i dont have a realtone cable

jimmon89

Question

i dont have a realtone cable because one of my good friends bought me RS on steam...

is there anything i can do to play it without one? or am i screwed, i earn 800 USD a month and 150 of it goes to student loans.

please tell me there is some freaking way to play without shelling out $30.

ty in advance,

jimmon

1 answer to this question

You can try online classified sites like Craigslist, etc.  I picked up an extra cable for $10.

There are other methods to use different types of cables with Rocksmith using a type of crack, but you'll still need some form of 1/4" patch cable-to-USB adapter.  Or a sound card with a 1/4" input.  Both of which are either an equal cost or more expensive than the realtone cable.

**Edit**

I just took a quick glance at Craigslist for Atlanta (not sure where in Georgia you live obviously, but you can narrow down the search results to nearby cities)....

There's a few people selling the game and cables.  One person was selling the 360 version with cable for $15.  So it's at least a viable option to search there for a cheap cable.

It doesn't matter what platform the cable is for either.  They're all the same.  The only difference is that the cables that came with RS1 do not work with USB 3.0 ports.  Other than that, they're all the same.