Questions about Steam

devco

Question

Hi There!

I will apologize ahead of time if this is a stupid question.  I am not very computer literate which will become painfully obvious I'm sure! 

My husband plays Rocksmith on xbox 360 and really wants to be able to play custom dlc.  My question is this, if we buy the Steam version of RS 2014 will we be able to transfer that to a new computer if we get one?  I'm fairly certain the one we have now will support it, but we are planning to get a new laptop soon.

Also, he has lots of downloaded songs from the first version of the game and a few downloaded on the 2014 version.  Will he be able to play those on either the Steam version or the disc version?

Are there any other advantages or disadvantages of Steam vs the pc disc version?

Thanks so much for everyone's time and dedication!

3 answers to this question

DLC doesn't transfer from XBOX to PC or vice versa.  If you are thinking of getting RS 1 on the PC for the RS 1 on disk songs, it is on sale on steam for 7.49 and RS 2014 is around 20 bucks right now.  Of course neither have the cable.  IF you need another cable, it might be cheaper to buy a boxed version with cable from someplace like amazon. 

Anyway, with steam, it will let you load the game on any computer you own.  The old one, the new one too.  Want to play at a friends house, just logon to your steam account on their computer.  

So now might be a good time for you to buy.

• Administrator

There's no real disc version since it bassically gives you an activation code for Steam.

A game on Steam is link to your Steam account which can be acces by any PC you want so buying a new laptop won't change a damn thing here.

DLC's are non transferable between plateform (meaning a DLC bought on PS3 will have to be bought again to be playable on PC). There's a more complex discussion about all that there if you want : http://customsforge.com/topic/14181-help-cant-purchase-dlc-from-steam/

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity