Recording USB Camera Video + Rocksmith 2014 Audio

nintendo9713

Question

This has been a huge headache for me.  I have tried numerous tutorials with a lot of blue screen of deaths from driver errors (exclusive mode) and also with a lot of really crappy recordings due to resources being spread out.

My question is what is the easiest way (I'm willing to pay up to $100 for software like Debut, Bandicam, etc) to record this WITHOUT having to sync video and audio after.  I'd like the quality to be 1080p for video, but if I go above 720p, the audio in Rocksmith starts crackling and is awful unless I lower the camera resolution. 

I'm open to any suggestions.  Thanks for any help.

4 answers to this question

• Administrator

You mean that you want to be able to record a webcam plug by USB and RS audio at the same time without any issue?

Go with Open Broadcast Software, it's made for streaming but also work very well for local recording. I've never had any issue recording 3 webcam (all on USB) RS screen and RS audio at the same time (i can even add my own mic to pick up my voice if i want) without any kind of issue.

• Like 2

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Thanks for the reply!

I've used OBS for streaming before, and I did figure out turning off the audio exclusivity option in RS14 to use it with. 

Now I know this extends the topic of this forum, but the audio quality diminishes in proportion to webcam video quality increase.  At 1080p video recording, the audio from the RS-Line-In-Mic is horrendous, nothing but crackling, popping, disconnects, etc.  At 720p, it becomes more tolerable but no where near clean.  I have to record at like 480p to have acceptable quality sound, but I really want the video to be a least 720p.

Any ideas on why / what I can do?  I've been told by other various sources that the limiting factor is the USB port bandwidth, and i've tried every combination front & back on my desktop but it's the same result.

I have a decently powerful PC, see here: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/nintendo9713/saved/pT6RsY

I have at all times 4 monitors turned on (4 23" ASUS monitors), but I do have 2 tvs always connected physically but disabled.  Not sure if having all these monitors on is a limiting factor, will try it tonight, worth a shot.

• Administrator

Audio and video have nothing in common during the recording process and changing one parameter for video quality shouldn't change anything on the audio quality.

My only problem to understand where does this effect come from is to know on which softwore does this effect appear and what settings are you changing on it (a screenshot can do the trick here).

Turning off audio exclusity in RS2014 is an obligation if you want to be able to record the sound of RS. I strongly suggest you make sure that without recording your audio in RS is at his best with the exclusivity turned off.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity