What does "5x8" in this guitar tab mean?

Noob gaming

Question

Sorry, I'm new to writing and guitar tabs. I need to know what the X's stand for in this Guitar Tab, I'm sure it's not a mute...

|----------------------------------------------------|
|----------------------------------------------------|
|-5---5-------------------------3--333-----------|
|-5---5x8--2---2----7---5---3-3-3--333-5-5 |
|-3---3----2---2x8--7---5---3-3-1--111-5-5 |
|----------0---0----5---3---1-1--------3-3------|

And... it's screwed up the tab...
sucks that I have to write this myself in TuxGuitar.
And it'd be more of a help if you could tell me what tool I need to use to get this "5x8" part.

2 answers to this question

Without knowing the song, I don't know if they mean you have to play the 5-5-3 chord 8 times or if they mean something else. Tab is kind of ambiguous like that. You don't have to author in TuxGuitar if you don't want to, EOF is 100% capable of authoring notes from scratch and many people authored pro guitar/bass charts for Rock Band 3 before the Guitar Pro import feature was added.