Using first/last names of artists for "artist sort" in Song Creator

manchot66

Question

I was wondering if there is a standard format we should use when listing an artist by first and last name when filling in the "artist sort" slot in Song Creator.  For David Bowie, I've been using "Bowie, David" so it shows up in the B's when searching alphabetically in game.  Either way doesn't matter to me, as long as you get all that artist in one block rather than having to search again.  A lot of songs with a band name that start with "The" are split up between the T's and whatever other letter when searching A-Z.

Thanks.

4 answers to this question

Heading to sleep so I could be wrong, but I'm 99% sure off the top of my head that official DLC sorts by first name - Albert King under A, B.B. King under B, et cetera (this includes Japanese names like Tak Matsumoto). Official DLC also sorts without the 'The' in front of a band.

By and large I feel like these are the way it should be conformed to in this format in CDLC, but I'm not totally unbiased because that's the way I've been doing it.

• Like 2

I've always got the multitracks.

Heading to sleep so I could be wrong, but I'm 99% sure off the top of my head that official DLC sorts by first name - Albert King under A, B.B. King under B, et cetera (this includes Japanese names like Tak Matsumoto). Official DLC also sorts without the 'The' in front of a band.

By and large I feel like these are the way it should be conformed to in this format in CDLC, but I'm not totally unbiased because that's the way I've been doing it.

Official songs and DLC follow this ^^^ convention.  First name, then Surname when sorting by artist -- so J for Joe Satriani, not S.  Band names including a "The" drop it when sorting, so "The Offspring" should be in the O's, not the T's.

I agree that customs should ideally follow the same conventions, even though I find the convention of sorting by FIRST name to be rather strange myself...

• Like 1

-----------------------------

Milkman Dan

My YouTube channel  (bass playthrough videos)

My Customs Download Folder  (my customs)

You can also check the database to see if someone has uploaded a song by the band or artist before to see any differences. For example, I've always spelled it "blink-182" but I noticed that all the uploaded customs (and official DLC) had spelled it "Blink 182," so that's how I spelled any customs I made by them.