video guide: How to use CDLC (PC)

stellarfirefly

Question

Originally posted on the Anvil, now linked here.   :)

----

I haven't yet seen a simple how-to-use CDLC video guide for RS2014 so I created one.  I hope that it's helpful to some.

PC only, because I don't have a Mac, PS3, or Xbox.

EDIT:  Once CustomsForge.com gets fully up and running, I'll probably make a new video that showcases here specifically to replace this old one that has Anvil-specific sequences.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

I'm helping a friend get his RS setup.

At first, I just added the psarc files straight to the dlc folder in a custom folder to keep them separate (which is how I do mine) that worked and the songs show up in the list on the game, but when you go to play the song, the tuner comes up, you tune then when the song goes to start, it drops in the amps and the screen never completely loads in order to play the song.

Then I downloaded the rocksmith toolkit GUI for the song creator, thinking that maybe that was the issue. He bought Cherub Rock. When I opened up the song creator, the pack/unpack window looks a bit different than the video and how I remembered it, but I was able to change the app id. 

But, those songs still did not play. 

What am I doing wrong here?

The only difference from how I do it was that I gave him a copy of my downloaded content since we have similar taste in music instead of him downloading directing from here on the website but that's the only difference. 

He just got Rocksmith 2014 through Steam for his PC. Pc is a newer rebuild and exceeds the requirements of the game. Songs that came with the game work fine- just the cdlc isn't playing. 

Any help you guys could give me would be great! 

Thank you!

i have the same problem meantioned a few times with people reporting the following: they put the dll file in the root folder, they download the psarc file, they purchased cherub rock dlc and when you go to play the CDLC song it allows you to tune your guitar and then it just hangs there doing nothing with no song coming up and just the speakers sitting on the side. 

Doesn't work anymore?