Need help configuring Rocksmith to use tone designer.

Steinad

Question

Hi guys, I am using a Steinberg UR 22mk2, and I have Rocksmith purchased from Steam and the Cherub Rock DLC. I can use CDLCs and I was able to play long time ago with my current setup. I connect my guitar to the Line input 2 of my usb audio interface. I have attached the configuration snapshots. I think I am using the wrong config as the game can get the input from my guitar but it doesn't modify the sound of my guitar as it used to do before. I believe that it must be something that it is not well configured because before I formatted the PC I made it to work. Any help is welcome

Screenshot 2024-01-31 095442.png

Screenshot 2024-01-31 095513.png

2 answers to this question

There is quite a few things here to unpack. First, I would take what Sandyclawz has mentioned and implement that.

These are the changes I would make first to see if it works for you:

1. Input 1 to Yamaha Steinburg USB ASIO
  2. Change channel to 1 (if you are using the second input on it)
  3. Clear selection on Input 2
  4. Output to Yamaha Steinburg USB ASIO
  5. Buffer Size to "Driver"
  6. Disable WASAPI Input
  7. Disable WASAPI Output
  8. Clear selection of Microphone
  9. Lower Latency Buffer to 2-4. 10 is extremely high and 4 is default.
  10. Disable "Enable Microphone"
  11. Enable "Real Tone Cable Only"
  12. Enable "Exclusive Mode"

If you, for some reason, want to use your microphone in Rocksmith, then  you can ignore #8, #10, and #11.

If this works to get sound from your guitar and out to your headphones/speakers but the audio is distorted, you should adjust your Buffer Size in your interface's driver or set Buffer Size to "Custom" and start with a value of 96 or 192 and increase/decrease by 32 or 48 until it works well for you.

I'll own you one day. 💜

Custom Shop Solo II.png

I'm just taking guesses here because I normally just edit the files by hand as opposed to using the nifty configurator. However, from what I can see you have input2 (your guitar) using the generic ASIO instead of the Steinberg ASIO driver. You also have WASAPI input/output enabled. If you're using ASIO you shouldn't need WASAPI (assuming you're using the headphone/monitor out from the USB interface)

That's just where I'd start, if this were my setup.

-Sandy