Mason Williams - Classical Ga

ja37

http://s25.postimg.org/z1te9mdwf/Classical_Gasoline45rpm.jpg

ARTIST....................: Mason Williams
ALBUM.....................: Hand Made 1970 - 45rpm Single 1968
TITLE.....................: Classical Gas (Actual name Classical Gasoline)
VERSION...................: 0.31
INSTRUMENT(S).............: (Classical Nylon) Guitar
TUNING....................: E Standard
CUSTOM TONE...............: slight
DYNAMIC DIFFICULTY........: No
DIFFICULTY LEVELS.........: 1
RIFF REPEATER.............: Yes
SCROLL SPEED..............: Sorry I forgot but I think 2.0
PACKAGE ID................: 248750 Cherub
PLATFORMS.................: All Includung tab for GP5, GP6, TG, and a PDF.

I was inspired to do this particular tune by iWolf's masterful endevor with Segovia's version of Leyenda, and some of the reply's he got on it, seeing the desire to be able to do intense classical works like it, so I made this one and will do several others that should help walk people up the ladder to new levels of ability and actually see how easy finger style/classical style playing can be, when you have a foundation of pieces you can build from.

This is one of the more instense tunes due to speed more so than fingering, and as such I have RR'ed every single measure for your learning experience. It is as close note for note to the original as you can get, and just possibly right on the money.

Personally I see that nobody learns very rapidly if they have to relearn new notes after getting hte the first level of less notes learned, but instead just going a little slower to learn all the notes in each bar, the over all time needed to fully learn a song is greatly reduced, PLUS the persons skill increase far more rapidly. There for I haven't added DD.

PLUS, I have added the tabs I made to help those who have the desire to sit with a good copy of tablature for this tune.

The Audio I exported from GP6, mainly due to the quality of the original sound track, and the unsteady speed of the original recording from 1968. This should help not only to learn the song, but build a good timing discipline as you learn it. 

When you start off with this piece, you'll be in the Am chord shape, and this entire song is practically all chord shapes with lots of soft hammers and pulls.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beyond the PC Mac XBox and PS3 files, I also added 4 other files to this folder to assist in learning, and I hope it starts a trend;

They are---

Classical Gas (Solo Guitar-1968).pdf ------------- Adobe PDF (Portable Document Format)

Classical Gas (Solo Guitar-1968).gp5 ------------- Guitar Pro 5 tab

Classical Gas (Solo Guitar-1968).gpx ------------- Guitar Pro 6 tab

Classical Gas (Solo Guitar-1968-TuxGuitar).tg ---- TuxGuitar tab, ver 1.1 or newer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL files HERE

Please, Enjoy... Questions - comments encouraged. Thank You.

More defined details about how to play will be posted as time allows, and this new site settles in. :ugeek:

• 2 months later...