How to fix audio volume in CFSM?

Shroud

Hello,

I have several CDLCs with excessively loud audio (read: borderline deafening) compared to the usual average volume. I checked my collection with CFSM and in fact, while most CDLCs have a negative SongVolume (LF) between -5 and -9, those deafening CDLC have all positive values like 0, 1, 2...

I recalled seeing an option in CFSM related to adjusting the volume, and I was planning to decrease it by a couple of points for those loud CDLC, but then I noticed that the "Custom Mods" > "Auto Adjust CDLC Volume (POC)" function has a series of preset values including a "Target SongVolume (LF) = -7".

Is it just supposed to be left like that default? Should I try with -7, simply test it in-game, and then adjust further down if still too loud, or up if too low?

Does the function actually change the audio file itself? If that's the case, I guess it's best to first backup the CDLC, just in case the audio gets too low the first time and boosting it back may result in a more noisy audio. Or does it simply tell the game itself to apply a volume change when playing the audio file (like it happens for example in Rock Band games)?

Thanks!

EDIT: I went ahead and tried to start the audio volume adjusment feature in CFSM but it asks me to download an FFmpeg setup file at a certain URL, which however leads to a deleted website...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy