Volumes on Rocksmith 2014 remastered anomalous

faber

Question

Using rocksmith 2014 remastered it happens to me that some dlc songs when the song starts to play it the volume of the instrument is annihilated and it is not possible to play it because the instrument is not heard at all.
The volume on Windows input is at maximum.
Is it possible to intervene in any way on the single dlc to adjust the volumes, for example with "Custom Forge Song Manager"?
as the volume of the music is very high, and the instrument is annihilated instead !!
In the program settings the music is at 60% volume and the instrument at 85% bass.
Anyone know what to do?
Thanks in advance to those who can help me
Thanks

12 answers to this question

4 hours ago, dum125 said:

start the song click on space click on esc  and on mixer

ok once I have clicked on the space bar and clicked on esc and then mixer. Which Rocksmith or windows mixer?
going to change the volumes again? both the piece and the instrument?
Thanks

When you load Riff Repeater during a Song, pressing Esc in the Riff Repeater menu will bring you to a menu with a Mixer option. Once you select the Mixer option you can turn the music level up or down, turn guitar level up or down, etc. Just remember it will stay set like this when you load other songs so you'll have to go back and change it again as needed.

You may also need to re-calibrate your instrument volume in RS

Ok I'll try doing it this way, otherwise I'll have to exclude the song because it becomes unusable, or better to redo the song with the right volumes to be able to use it again.
Thanks for your answer. 

This anomaly happened to me both on two pieces by the same author, of which one piece is fine and the other does not allow me to play on it.
On another Madonna of the same I can't use it for the same problem. Can you edit a single dlc to correct it?

10 hours ago, dum125 said:

I have a song the sound of the guitar is too loud for the sound of the music I adjust the sound on this song when I play it and I replace it for my other songs sorry if I'm explaining myself badly but I speak French

Thanks all the same for answering the question. Good music
  • Like 1

Open RSToolKitGUI, click "Import Package" and select the CDLC file. It will unpack the CDLC contents into a folder you specify. Then you will load the CDLC in RSToolKitGUI and there is a box for the Tones - you can edit each tone to your liking, or you can totally replace them with tones from other songs or tones you create. Once done, click "Save Template" to save what you've done and click Generate to create the newly edited CDLC

On 4/27/2022 at 12:35 PM, arrov said:

You can also use CFSM to edit the tone volumes & settings for each song permanently: https://ignition4.customsforge.com/tools/CFSM
Load your song list, find the song and click "edit song information" then select the tones tab. Change the volume level and click save

I have been looking for a way to do this for a while now. There's a few songs where the tone is way too loud on some parts.

Thank you!

4 minutes ago, Slapdown said:

I have been looking for a way to do this for a while now. There's a few songs where the tone is way too loud on some parts.

Thank you!

I'd also advise to possibly backup your DLC folder or CDLC files because if you happen to make a mistake in how you're working with CFSM it can potentially make some of your CDLC hard to locate or deleted.

The RSToolkit method above doesn't have this potential issue