Upgraded PCs and can't figure out how to find my purchased DLC that's no longer available to buy to I can transfer to new PC

theynoko

Question

I successfully moved everything else there's just a few songs that I actually paid money for that I can't find. I looked up all kinds of file paths and locations to find them. I checked all my Rocksmith 2014 folders (of course the DLC folder) and my Steam folders and still can't find it. Be nice since they no longer sell them, that someone on here would release them or something. Any suggestions to help be recover my "The Black Keys Song Pack" - "Just got to Be", "Mind Easer" and "Gold on the Ceiling"

1 answer to this question

In theory, every game and DLC you bought digitally should remain on your account even if it is no longer being sold on the platform. Even though no one else can get it, you should still be able to download and play it on any computer. If it is not available, then you should be issued a refund. I'd first check your account to see that the DLC is still listed and selected, then reach out to support. To check the DLC is still listed on your account in Steam, you would click on the game and then "Manage My DLC" in the DLC section on the right (you'll need to scroll down a bit). If it's there make sure it's checked, if it's already checked or not there, you should find the receipt for when you bought it before messaging support. They should have your purchase history, but it makes things faster if you already have it on hand.

As for the location of the files, all DLCs are .psarc files in the DLC folder in Rocksmith's folder in the Steam install directory, usually: "[Drive Letter]:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rocksmith2014\dlc" If they are not there on your new system then Steam never downloaded them. Since Official DLCs work the same as CDLCs, If you have access to your old data then you can copy-paste the files. While support should be able to help you out, if they can't get you the files then you'd need to get them from a friend, or you can try data recovery tools, and hope that the files weren't already overwritten by something else in your system. Personally I've had a lot of success with MiniTool Power Data Recovery, but it's not worth the price of a license for a few Rocksmith songs.

I don't know how you have your OS set up, but I like to have most non-critical software and all my data saved on separate drives, or at least a second data partition; that way, most programs transfer over even if you wipe the OS. Some might require you to reinstall them, but it should let you keep your add-ons and such. I have an SSD dedicated for games; that way, I don't have to re-download and install anything.

As for releasing them here, I don't think that's possible. If the songs are not being sold anymore, that means there was some license dispute, or the license expired and Ubisoft either could not or did not want to renew it. If Ubisoft can't continue to sell the song, the chances that the license owner would be cool with the community modding them back into the game is very slim. Still, you should at least get your money back.