Locked CDLC not loading after tuner

littlecumbitchboy

Question

I recently reinstalled this game and I noticed that the CDLC is not loading past the tuner. What happens is that it shows the amps and pedals screen and the song chart itself doesn't load. I can still play the guitar and see soundwaves coming out of the amps but thats it. This is only happening with CDLC songs.

I have downloaded the D3Dx9_42.dll file from 2014. The thing is though, it was working beforehand so I have no idea why its doing it now. 

2 answers to this question

Read over this post: https://customsforge.com/index.php?/topic/901-how-to-use-custom-dlcs-in-rs2014/

If you're on PC, which I assume you are since the majority of people in this community are. Make sure you have the DLL we provide in that post in your steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014 folder, NOT the dlc folder, it should be in the same folder as Rocksmith2014.exe. Also make sure the name of the file is D3DX9_42.dll EXACTLY or it won't work.

14 hours ago, Ffio said:

Read over this post: https://customsforge.com/index.php?/topic/901-how-to-use-custom-dlcs-in-rs2014/

If you're on PC, which I assume you are since the majority of people in this community are. Make sure you have the DLL we provide in that post in your steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014 folder, NOT the dlc folder, it should be in the same folder as Rocksmith2014.exe. Also make sure the name of the file is D3DX9_42.dll EXACTLY or it won't work.

It works now. I love you. I've been trying to play this game for 6 months